Chapter Forty Five

The Wish List

Tick. Tick. Tick. The sound of the clock ticking was insane. It was already three am and all Yuri could do was, staring at her clock. Every second that passed by was a second that she’ll never have. Tears rolled down her cheeks, as she swallowed the pain. She had just started appreciating life, she had just fallen in love and now she was going to die. Every person dies at some point in their life, but was it really Yuri’s turn now?

There was still so much left to do, she sobbed quietly. But there was no time. She wished she could go back and change many things, but she can’t. All what she can do right now is make amends and fix everything with the little time that’s left so she could find peace before it was her time to go.

If she dies, Sasha dies with her too. The thought is nearly killing Yuri, she felt somehow apologetic towards Sasha. She felt as if somehow all of this is her fault. The night was still long and Yuri cried throughout the night instead of sleeping.

-                                                                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Oh god” Yuri tried to lift herself up from the toilet seat. Her lips were still covered with vomit and she felt her body lose energy. Although Sasha kept screaming to call for her mom who was downstairs, Yuri couldn’t. Her phone was on the bed and Yuri stared at it from the bathroom, like it would magically appear in her hands. She was too weak to go get her phone, she was too weak to stand up, but most of all she was too weak at heart to tell her mom the truth.

It was the fifth time Yuri vomited, and this time it nearly drained her. She was on an empty stomach, tears rolled down her cheeks. She found herself surrender to her sickness. Right now even if she died, she was okay with it.

“Mom, I love you” She whispered, remembering her sweet mother. She rested her head on the bathroom tiles and closed her eyes. Yuri Williams had given up on her life.

“Yuri, get up. Please for me! Scream until your mom can hear you. “Sasha’s voice beamed. Yuri understood her urgency; she also understood Sasha would never give up on her even if she had given up on herself.

“Mom” Yuri gasped. It wasn’t loud, it was more like a whisper.

Louder!

“Mom!” Yuri tried again but still nothing.

Louder babe, you can do it.

“MOOOOOOOOOOOOM!” Yuri screamed at the top of her lungs and fell back on the floor. She was still breathing and her eyes were still open. She waited for a couple of seconds until she heard the door burst open.

“Yuri, oh my god. Honey, what happened?” Mrs. Williams took her in her arms and dialed 911. Yuri rested on her mom’s shoulder while she called for an ambulance.

“Try to keep your eyes open honey.” Mrs. Williams breathed heavily. She was trying to keep calm, but inside she was freaking out. Yuri tried her best to open her eyes; her body was weaker than ever.

“Breathe, breathe, don’t forget to breathe” Mrs. Williams reminded Yuri, she wrapped Yuri’s arms over her shoulders and slowly lifted her daughter up and walked downstairs with every strength of her body. Yuri could hear the ambulance for a far.

“Hold on Honey, just hold on”

Rest was a huge blank, not the kind of blank Yuri gets whenever Sasha decides to show up. Although Yuri knew she wasn’t dead, she had hoped to see Sasha while she was unconscious. It didn’t take much time before she found herself coming back.