Chapter Twenty Six

Handling Situations

“Jason, that speech . . .” I began until he put his finger over my lips shushing me. His eyes gazed straight into mine. I have absolutely no idea what happened with Yuri and Jason on that date but it seemed like they had connected well.

“It’s okay to still have those feelings, Yuri. In fact I still have feelings for you; I’ll always love you. But we both know that our time is over. “

“Ah huh yeah sure” I blurted out.

“Unless would it help if we stopped talking to each other altogether?” Jason asked. His words were kind and sincere.

“Where did that arrogant self-centered Jason Haynes go?” I wondered.  I could see why Yuri fell for him in the first place. He truly did care about her and that’s exactly why I can’t mess this up.

“No! Listen, Jason that speech was not about you. It was just something I made up at the spur of the moment. I am so sorry that I made you think that way” I apologized, feeling like an idiot.

“Oh okay then. Good. I mean, you just looked like you meant every word you said and that got me thinking . . . ”

I did mean every word I said but none of those words were for Jason, it was for Belle. My Belle.

“I guess I am really good at keeping a straight face then” I smiled.

“Maybe you don’t have to keep your ‘straight’ face anymore” Jason winked at me.

Huh? What did he mean by that? That was an inside joke I could tell so I laughed along with him, I had to play my part as Yuri well enough. My eyes caught Whitney heading into the library. I felt the rage in my stomach, as if I wanted to punch her. She had said some stuff in that class just to embarrass Yuri and she deserved to hear a piece of my mind.

“Jason, I have to go. We’ll talk later?” I patted him on his shoulders and rushed towards the library.

“Yuri Williams, stop running away from the truth!” Jason’s voice echoed at the back. I ignored him because I have some confronting to do.

“I need to find Whitney” I murmured under my breath quietly searching the library. How dare she try to put Yuri in an uncomfortable situation? She should be grateful, because Yuri was the one who made her popular even though that was by making me kiss her. I can’t believe I was going crazy over Whitney the first day she arrived to school, instead of paying attention to Belle. My timing is never right.

But who was to blame there? Me or Yuri?

I didn’t know exactly. We barely had time to sort out our feelings because we keep switching back and forth. This disorder is going to be the death of me.

“WHITNEY!” I screamed when I saw her. She gazed at me and so did the entire library filled with students.

Whitney walked outside of the library not wanting to cause a scene. Before the librarian tried to shush me, I followed Whitney outside the library as well angrily.. We were alone near the parking lot; I realized Whitney did not want any other students to know about our closet incident. Apparently Whitney had made a pact with Jordan to keep it quiet. I glared at her, Whitney stood near the parking lot with her arms crossed scoffing at my outburst

“You think it’s funny, don’t you?” I asked her.

“What is exactly funny Yuri? The fact that you enjoy kissing me or the fact that you deny it in front of everybody else?” She shot back.

“Get your head out of your ass Whitney. What makes you think I enjoy kissing girls?”

I ironic as it is I do enjoy kissing girls. Last time I recalled I was the lesbian but Yuri wasn’t. And I am not about to make Yuri a victim of some sick game Whitney was playing.

“Why are you silent Whitney? Did you run out of insults?”

“Stop faking it, I know you dig girls. It’s so obvious”

Was it obvious? Did Whitney figure everything out?

“Is it now? You kept kissing me back too, and how come you consider yourself straight as fuck? Stop trying to accuse me of something I am clearly not because Whitney if you continue, I swear to god you’ll see exactly what I am capable of” I threatened her furiously.

“What will you do? Find another excuse to make out with me again?”

I scoffed.

“Whitney, I made you so don’t forget that I can break you as well. And when you finally fall, I promise that half of the school won’t even know you even existed. So before you think you are even capable of competing against me with false facts, know that you aren’t competing against me only” I concluded. Whitney doesn’t know that it’s two people’s lives that she is messing with. She needs to stop with her filthy games or I won’t back down until she is crushed down on the ground.

“If you think I am scared of . . .”

 Whitney could only say those words because the rest didn’t slip from her lips. I made sure that it didn’t when my fists crashed on her face. My anger had risen over its limit and even though I knew Yuri would kill me for this, I didn’t regret punching Whitney Huffman.

The cold ass bitch!

“Are you fucking scared now?” I snapped at her. Whitney looked like she was about to cry. Before I could do any other harm she ran inside, probably to rat me out to the authorities.

What was I doing?

I promised myself to help Yuri and try not to meddle with her life but I couldn’t keep my promise. I was angry at myself and at the world. I wasn’t going to complain because I knew it was my fault. Seeing Belle’s face book pictures with some other girl made me react.

 No matter how much I deny, I still couldn’t face the reality. I didn’t accept the reality. Because reality made no fucking sense. How would I ever think to sustain a normal life when my existence isn’t normal in the first place? How do I make everything okay?