Chapter Forty Six

A Little Optiminism in a Pesimistic World

“Where’s my speech?” Jason complained again placing a bouquet of roses in the vase. The hospital room that Yuri was admitted in, did not look like one at all. It was decorated while Yuri was asleep. After Whitney’s little visit, Yuri was overwhelmed and shocked. Not only it was awkward but before Whitney left, she kissed her forehead making stuff even weirder.

“Earth to Yuri, my speech, please?” Jason sat down and looked at her annoyed. Ever since Yuri had included Jason in her wish list, he wouldn’t stop demanding her for his speech.

“I’ll give it to you, I promise” Yuri promised.

“You’re Wish list is weird. Like for example Wish list Number 7: Become a part of a great cause? What the hell does that mean?” Jason stared at the piece of paper with Yuri’s wish list. It was lame to even have one, but at the time it seemed appropriate.

“I’ve always wanted to donate money to poor kids, but since I don’t have any, maybe all the dresses in my closet, after I am gone? I just want to be remembered you know. Like Yuri Williams, the legend” Yuri acted dramatically in front of Jason who looked confused.

“Why on earth do you think you won’t be remembered? And you should stop thinking about death and this lame wish list because you are not dying. I won’t let that happen”

“You’re not in control of death, Jason. Death cannot be avoided” Yuri whispered back.

“This is the reason why I told you not to watch Final Destination 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5” Jason shot back defending himself. “Even if you were to leave, which won’t happen, there’s no way you’d be forgotten. Why do you think you won’t be remembered?”

“Because all I’ve ever done is bad stuff. I’ve been mean and hateful; I just wish I could change that part of me. I wish I could just go back but I can’t. There are ten wishes Jason, and I have two weeks. So if I can’t complete them by then, you need to continue fulfilling the rest”

“Gee Yuri, that’s not stressful at all” Jason sarcastically.

“You’ll do it, right? For me?” Yuri placed a small kiss on Jason’s hand. There was an awkward silence between them, Jason smiled lightly while tucking back her hair. “If everyone had a Jason Haynes in their lives, everything would be nice” Yuri thought.

“Okay so, how in the world did you manage to Whitney to like you?” Jason cleared his throat as he asked. The talk about death was not only giving Yuri the chills.

“I have no idea; I am as uncomfortable as you are”

“It’s weird now, Belle likes Sasha, Sasha likes you, Whitney likes you but you like Sasha. It seems like girls don’t need men anymore”

“How about Vicky Styles?” Yuri rolled her eyes as she asked.

“If I didn’t have a strict policy in not beating up girls, I would have beaten her up by now” Jason growled as he spoke. As the room once again got silent, Yuri began to wonder where her mom was.

“Have you seen mom?” Yuri lifted her head to see if Mrs. Williams was outside. But she could not hear her voice or see her. There was no way Mrs. Williams would leave her now and go to work or a date. Right?

“Did you see Sasha lately?” Jason asked ignoring her question.

“Jason, where’s my mom?”

“I have no idea”

“What do you mean, you have no idea. You’re practically here 24 hours.” Yuri crossed her arms in anger. Jason was clearly lying and Yuri knew it.