Chapter Twelve

Acceptance (Host and Alter)

Yuri grabbed her sheets and twisted them as her eyes ran through every word written on her journal. Having an alter living inside her body was hard enough, but having an alter who is now a lesbian was unbearable to deal with. Yuri didn’t understand any of this, nor did she have the slightest clue as to how she felt about it. Life was turning against her, she kept thinking. She had always thought it was wrong to love a person of the same sex. With many thoughts that ran her mind, she was still able to make a video update.

“Maybe you’re wrong about this”, Yuri’s voice trailed off for a minute just hoping Sasha could be wrong about her sexuality.

She cleared her throat as she began. “If you are truly serious about this, then I have no choice but to accept you. I accept the fact that you like girls, which is wrong. I may not understand how you feel but I know as your host we have to accept each other” Yuri scratched her head unable to look straight at the camera. “So what made you think that you liked girls?” She felt her throat tighten, as she could not even utter the word lesbian.

“You know what, I am fine with it, just don’t date anyone in my school or in this neighborhood. I don’t need to remind you, that people still see you as me. I hope you can get that”

Yuri switched the camera off and thought about what she said. It wasn’t Sasha’s fault that she got trapped inside her body. Sasha would be allowed to live her life as she pleases. The only thing she remembered after all her research on alters is that the host has to maintain peace among her alter or else she could lose control. She recalled their outburst yesterday and knew that was true. Yuri’s life just wasn’t only hers anymore, and she accepted that.

There were many questions that still remained unanswered.

Like what had caused this sudden personality disorder?

Could she hide her different identities forever?

Is she ready to let anybody else find out?

#BLANK#

“Whitney” Belle held her breath as she closed her locker. I jumped at the name of Whitney. I played with my hair lazily and avoided eye contact with Belle for a few seconds then managed to ask

“Whitney, what about Whitney?”

“You asked me if I liked her” she stated giving a side smile. “I mean she’s very pretty and all, but I don’t think she likes girls” I gave her a look claiming as to why she thinks Whitney doesn’t like girls.

“Okay, when you are a lesbian, you sort of have a superpower when it comes to tracking down whether the other girl swings your way or not” she replied with a laugh. Was I the only one who didn’t find that funny because that freaked me out? I guess so.

“Oh, really?” I rolled my eyes ignoring her so she wouldn’t catch my disappointment.

“Either that or witnessing her and Jason making out yesterday afternoon” Belle gave me a pat on the back as if I needed consolation. I smiled lightly.

That Jason will make out with anything that breathes and walks” I thought.

My thoughts reminded me of Yuri and her last video update. It made me feel that she was embarrassed of me. It was not an easy confession I made, and I knew it would not have been easy for Yuri to accept it. I was proud of my sexuality, it was something I didn’t have control over and I let myself lose control over it any day. I just don’t know where to begin. And to begin, I really needed Yuri’s consent. But she was fine with it, I hope she was fine.

“God I really hope, she was fine” I thought.