Chapter Fifty One

Confessions 

“Earth to Yuri” Jason snapped his fingers across Yuri’s face. It wasn’t one of the moments where Yuri had zoned out into her pit of darkness. Her thoughts were more focused on the recent events that occurred no more than 16 hours ago.

“Yuri!” Jason called out for her again. Obviously he may have dressed decently today too but still his lack of patience would trump over anything.

“What?!” Yuri exclaimed breaking out of her bubble. She hasn’t decided yet to tell Jason about the Sasha incident and nor did she want to keep her hopes up only to be let down in the end.

“What are you thinking about?” Jason crossed his arms and stared at Yuri intensely. He knew when Yuri zoned out she was likely to go on an alcoholic journey but Yuri swore on the depth of their friendship that she was two months fully sober.

“Nothing important. What did you want to tell me?”

“Nothing important” Jason replied grumpily. He should star in TV shows, since he’s a drama queen. Yuri rolled her eyes but leaned in closer to him to give him a hug. She needed him more than he could ever know. He was the only thing that kept her going, but curiosity about Sasha was killing her and so did hiding the truth from Jason.

“Come on, tell me. Did Paige agree to go out with you the other day?” Yuri changed the subject, or maybe the subject had been Paige from the very beginning. Only if she was listening to Jason in the first place, she thought.

“Haven’t you been listening to me this whole time? She rejected my offer for a date! I think she digs girls . . . why are my luck with girls so bad lately?” Jason sat down on the chair and whined like a little girl. They both were now at the charity event, right next to their stalls which was supposed to sell teddy bears.

“She’s not a lesbian! Stop freaking out! Hasn’t the thought of her being the daughter of a priest ever crossed your stupid mind? She’s just scared to have a little fun” Yuri stared at Paige who stole a few glances at Jason. “Go and talk to her, use your charm and I’ll keep Mr. Johnson busy” Yuri nudged Jason. It was true, it had been a while since Yuri did her part as a best friend to help Jason with his love life. It had been Jason all this time to console Yuri with her love life; it was high time to return the favor.

“Say what?”

“Go now! I mean it. I am not letting her father control her feelings, which she clearly has for you. Besides, your game is off these days. Get your game on!” Yuri pushed Jason towards Paige and made her way straight to Mr. Johnson. Jason seemed a little hesitant, hell he looked terrified. But he found the courage to go and seek another shot with Paige.

Meanwhile Yuri passed a few stalls until she found Mr. Johnson. Taking a deep breath she walked towards him, until a hand stopped her from walking any further. Yuri turned around to see who it was. Whitney.

“Are you stalking me now?” Yuri frowned while Whitney smirked. Whitney let go of Yuri’s hand and just stared at her. Her eyes seemed like it had been longing to meet with Yuri’s.

“Is walking into an event, stalking? I don’t think so” Whitney defended herself. Her self-ego was floating all over the place.

“Okay, good to see you. I have to go now” Yuri gave Whitney her mean look. But before she could try to find Mr. Johnson, he had already found her.

“Yuri, you should be with Jason, opening your stall. What are you doing? And who is your friend here?” Mr. Johnson started with all his questions. Yuri gulped and just stared at him. Why hadn’t she thought further into this?