Chapter Fifty Eight

Let The Words Slip Out From Your Mouth

“Tell me what are you thinking?” Yuri nudged me away from my thoughts. I had been so consumed with my little conversation with Jason that I was now trying to find courage to persuade Yuri to finally tell the truth to her mother.

“It’s nothing” I whispered while kissing the temple of her forehead. She wasn’t convinced.

“Sasha . . .” She whined quietly while burying her face in my neck.

“Yes . . love? I grinned at her cute attempt in trying to make me spill out my thoughts. But only if it was that easy. I lock my eyes into hers, slowly biting my lips thinking of how I could start this conversation.

“Is it Belle?” She finally asked releasing a huge sigh. I stared at her face trying to pinpoint her reference to Belle.  I hadn’t talked about my visit to Belle and Whitney to Yuri but she must’ve figured it out.

“Belle? Why would I be worrying about Belle?”

“Aha . . so you’re worried about something” Yuri got up from the bed and looked at me. The look on her face so innocent, as if she thinks she’d done something wrong.

“Alright, okay I don’t know how I should begin this. . .” I let out a sigh as I tried to calm myself. “Or if you’re going to like what I am about to ask of you” My fingers brushed against her hair softly. Sitting down next to her, I wrapped my arm around her waist as she rested her head on my shoulder.

“If this doesn’t involve you disappearing then, I am good with anything” She whispered.

“It’s the opposite of disappearing actually” I grinned as I began. It had been a long stressful journey for us. We fought for ourselves, we fought the tumor and most of all we fought for love. “Ummm . . .”

“What is it Sasha?”

“Do you . . . I mean, have you thought about the future? Our Future?” I asked huskily.

“Our future? Like how our relationship would be within the next five years? I’m thinking we wouldn’t have to worry about being selected to different colleges or not being able to see each other. We’re very much blessed that way because I’ve seen many couples that split . . .” Yuri began but I interrupted her. She just didn’t know where this conversation was leading yet.

“Our future future, like the one where we have to get an apartment, settle down, have kids . . . etcetera” I stated while Yuri placed her hand on mine.

“I’m pretty sure we cannot conceive a baby even if we tried” She jokes.

“That’s a conversation for another time, but I’m sort of worried about our future” I replied thinking it was now or never. Jason was right, he could be wrong for many things but this time he was right. We have withheld a lot from Mrs. Williams when she had the right to know. She had the right to know about us and everything that has been going on with Yuri’s life.

“Why are you worried about our future? We are doing great, can’t you see that? Except for the fact that we started out as sworn enemies, you kissed my ex-boyfriend, figured out you were lesbian and fell for Belle, then learnt I had tumor, fell for me and died to save me in the process. Am I missing something?” Yuri smirked.

“How about the fact that you forced me to kiss Whitney, twice! And the fact that it took you so much time to learn that you liked girls and also you deciding to tell me you liked me right after betraying my trust by becoming Riley.” I defended myself. Yuri stayed quiet for about five seconds, probably feeling guilty. ”Do you know how long it took me to realize that my need to protect you was always consistent because I’ve unknowingly loved you even from the very start?”