Chapter Forty Four

Making The Most of It

“Then don’t tell me” Yuri took me by surprise when she said that. “I don’t want to know, as long as I know you love me too; I don’t want to know the second thing” I felt Yuri hug me tightly as she buried her face in my neck. She was silent after that, and for a moment there I felt like she already knew what was happening.

“I have to tell you, you need to know” I murmured under breath stroking her beautiful blonde hair. “I don’t have much time, I need to tell you before I have to leave” I wished I could show her she’ll always have me by her side, but right now I’ve got nothing to prove how much I really care about her.

“Don’t, please” Yuri whispered. I had thought she’d want me to break the bad news. But her reaction made me realize how much she didn’t want me to say it.

“Alright” I lifted her face from my shoulder so that I could see her face.

“You have no idea how happy you make me” Yuri said huskily, her eyes saw past me. Every movement of her lips made me pucker my lips. I didn’t reply instead I kissed her once more. If this was what she had wanted from the very beginning, I was now happy to give it to her.

“I love you” Yuri mumbled still not removing her lips from mine. She tasted so good and so perfect. I had finally felt what Yuri had told me on her video update. I wasn’t thinking about logic anymore, because what is life if you have to live by rules and ethics? And who cares if we were mocked by every single human being out there? And there is no rule that says you cannot date yourself. As long as I know I made Yuri happy and she made me happy, we’ll live on, until we die together.

“I love you too” I said as soon as our lips broke apart.

-                                                                                           - - - - - - - -

-          *BLANK*

“Ahhhh” Yuri gasped as she woke up. She panted for a while before she realized that she had come back. Jason sat on the bed beside her, with a huge water jug in his hand. He still kept sprinkling water on her face.

“Jason, stop! What are you doing?” Yuri blurted out loudly.

“What do you think I am doing? I am trying to bring you back, you stopped breathing three times, we tried to wake you up but you won’t budge, I thought you overdosed” Jason started mumbling. He sighed loudly letting out a huge relief.

“Overdosed? She really drugged herself to see me didn’t she?” “Why are you here?” Yuri shot a look at Belle who was standing. In that moment two of them knew it was Yuri who had come back not Sasha.

“Yuri?” Jason whispered and reached out to hug her. “Did Sasha tell you? His voice was hoarse now, almost as if he was swallowing his own words as he hugged her tighter.

“She didn’t tell me, I didn’t want her to. I want you to tell me if that’s okay” Yuri replied slowly. There was pain filled in the room, and Yuri could sense it.

“What?”

“I don’t really know why. All I know is that if Sasha had told me, I won’t be able to handle it, and if you told me, I’d somehow take it better”

“How do you even know what I am about to tell you?”

“I am sick, aren’t I? Like really sick?” Yuri found herself say. She laid back and rested her head on the pillow. “I know that I am not well, but I don’t know why I am not well. At first I thought it was because of the whole disorder, then I felt worse, but I was too occupied with the whole turning to a lesbian thing. And I get these killing headaches at times, but I ignored them all, until I saw Sasha’s face that day. How she tried to hold back her words when she said she has something to tell me. I also noticed all the constant texts you both had been sending me about my health. I don’t know what is wrong with me, but I do know something is wrong with me and I want you to tell me what it is, Jason”