Extras

Belle's POV

"You can do this" I whispered to the reflection staring back at me. I kept my compact powder away, took a deep breath and settled my thoughts. The blue suit complimented my red lipstick, and my curls bounced as I walked towards the entrance of the art gallery. Months of hard work had finally paid off and I had a feeling things were finally going to get better.

As usual, my cellphone rang again for the third time and this time I decided to pick it up.

"For the love of god Belle, pick up when I call. I was worried sick!" Jason yelled.

"Gosh Jason, don't you get tired of parenting everyone?"

"Well, someone has to make sure everyone is doing okay. Besides, today is your big day! I just wanted to . . . . what? Paige? Wait .. hold on . . WE just wanted to say we are very proud of you. Good luck and sorry for not being there with you, Kaiden won't stop crying and I don't think I've slept in months. WE hope you understand"

"It's alright guys. I miss Kaiden already. Did he like the gift I sent?"

"Yeah . . about that. I gave him a lot of toys; race cars, dinosaur teddy bears. I even tried entertaining him with a drone once but due to technical difficulties meaning my wife, I stopped doing that. Point is, Kaiden doesn't like any of those toys BUT the stupid thing you gave him. Which brings me to the other question I've been meaning to ask you. Why did you gift my son, a BARBIE doll, Belle?"

"What? Barbie's are cute! You should play with one" I smirked while pacing around the hall. Barbie's are indeed cute. I grew up with many different kinds of toys and never differentiated which toy was for which gender. I thought it best Kaiden grew up that way as well.

"I have tried taking it away from him, but he cries. He's very attached to it. And I'm very attached to my sleep. So I guess . . . it works out" Jason concluded.

"You know, I'd never have thought it, but you make an amazing father. I am so proud of you Jason" I say and there is a long pause. "Okay before this gets awkward, I'm hanging up".

I can already hear sniffles on the other end of the phone "Awww Belle, you know how much .."

I cut the line before he begins his long ass speech. Not today Haynes. I need to keep my shit together today. It's not my style to get emotional with Haynes. We became who we are by being so hard on each other anyway.

Keeping the phone inside my pocket, I made my way to the stall that was decorated with blue flowers. I decided my theme to represent Sasha, I mean Louisa, because it was she, who inspired me to become an artist. It was because of her, I went to Paris and focused only on art as a distraction. The distraction grew on me, and I have made something out of myself. I walked inside the stall and I could already see people staring at my drawings.

I was supposed to wear an identification card so people would know these were my drawings. I began browsing the different paintings that were hung. Even though the stall was dedicated to Sasha, these paintings were not. These paintings were inspired by Whitney.

I felt a wave of change in my mood by the thought of her. It was true, we had broken up after many countless fights. It was not the kind of relationship I was ready to fight for till the very end. At some point, I knew we were just drifting apart. I needed someone who could love me as if I am the moon and sun in their lives. I was ready to move in with her if that's what she wanted but she could never figure out what she wanted. She couldn't even figure out if I was who she wanted.

I am much more than that. I deserve better than that. I deserve someone who would be happy just by spending time with me. I deserve someone who keeps their promises. I deserve someone who wouldn't make me cry every night. I deserve someone who would not cheat on me with another guy just because they aren't really sure if they are fully lesbian or Bisexual.