Chapter Fourteen

Choosing Sides

“I am not Yuri, I am her alter Sasha” There, I said it. Belle stared at me in disbelief, still unable to speak another word. Her breath got heavy and by the looks of it, she didn’t seem convinced that I was telling the truth.

“Yuri, are you ready to go that far to cover up your sexuality? Is it that embarrassing? What makes your think I’ll believe any word you just made up?” Belle finally spoke out clear.

 For a moment I thought she would believe me, I thought it would be easy. But it wasn’t easy living inside another person’s body; neither was trying to explain your situation to anybody else without sounding like a complete fool. My hands reached for Belle’s face, the tip of fingers brushed against her cheeks.

“I am not covering up my sexuality. I am a damn proud lesbian.” I spoke confidently.   

Belle’s eyes shut as my fingers stimulated against her soft lips.“Then why are you lying to protect yourself against it?” Belle opened her eyes, removed my hand from her face. Her glare released bits and amounts of pain I’ve held onto, thinking I could control it. But everything was out of control.

“I am not protecting myself, I am protecting Yuri. Believe me Belle, I swear to you I am telling the truth” I could feel tears running down my eyes. I wanted someone, anyone to know.

“I know it’s crazy and hard  to believe but before you jump into any conclusion, I need you to see something” I took out the laptop and played all the conversation clips. One by one, as the clips ended, I could see Belle gasping. She could see the difference between me and Yuri. The way we talked, the way we dressed and the way we thought. Everything was different.

“Hm” Belle muttered. “If all this is true, then I need you to switch back to Yuri” Belle let out a deep breath preparing herself for what’s about to happen next.

“Okay sure, but she will have no memory of what happened between us. And I want to keep it that way.” Belle nodded slowly. Belle watched me as I took a deep breath, letting my body call out for Yuri. I could feel the temperature in my body changing. I found myself slowly fading away, still thinking I had done the right thing by telling Belle.

#BLANK#

  “Belle!” Yuri yelled out loud. “Why is she in my room?” She thought angrily. Yuri would’ve never allowed Belle in her room, but she guessed Sasha still had stuff to learn about her. The corner of her eye caught the history book that lay on the bed.

“I guess I didn’t thank you for coming over and helping me study” She took the book in her hand and flipped some of its pages. Belle stared at Yuri astonished.

“You taught me most of it Yuri” Belle managed to say. Yuri noticed her subtleness but chose to ignore it.

“Yeah, of course I did. I’ve been studying a lot lately”

The next few minutes passed, they didn’t speak to one another. Belle waited patiently, observing Yuri’s every move. As much as she wanted to deny it herself, she could see what she was witnessing was two different people.

“I know your secret Yuri” Belle spoke up, she could not bundle up anymore of what she knew. It was time Yuri faced what she had coming. Belle despised Yuri for every horrible thing she had done but at the same time Belle found herself falling for Sasha. Yuri gritted her teeth; she stared at Belle who wasn’t done speaking.

“I know everything.”

“What do you know?” Yuri asked quickly without having to sound too eager.

“I know about Sasha, she told me. So you can quit pretending that you actually like having me here” Belle’s words hit Yuri like a bolt of lightning. The truth was out, Sasha had betrayed her. The color of Yuri’s face drained as she recounted Sasha had broken her trust. Without her consent the truth was out, but Yuri wasn’t ready to face her reality.

“Sasha? Who is Sasha?” Yuri asked boldly.

Deep down she knew she could not hold up her act long enough. She wondered what else Sasha had blurted out to Belle.

“Sasha, your ‘lesbian’ alter who I just made out with” Belle exclaimed. Yuri’s short hard breaths finally leaded her to clutch onto to her study table for support. Her knees became weak; she could not absorb what she had just heard.

“Sasha made out with you?!” Yuri shrieked.

Is she ought to ruin my life? Yuri thought.

Belle tried to reach out for her but Yuri pushed her away. “Don’t you dare touch me Belle” Yuri warned her.

The situation had become more than impossible for Yuri to handle. She had to figure out a way to keep Belle’s mouth shut and as well deal with her alter for being so careless.

“It’s not her fault, Yuri” Belle defended Sasha.

“What are you now, her girlfriend? What makes you think you know everything? You don’t. Stay away from me” Yuri slammed her fist onto her study table to make a point.

On the other hand, Belle shook her head. “I will stay away from you, but not from Sasha. She is nothing like you. You may not know this but Sasha and I fit well together. As for you, you will just have to deal with it” Before Belle could storm out she heard Yuri speak.

“Yuri or Sasha, we are both in the same body. I’ll never allow you to touch it. Mark my words Belle, or I’ll make your life a living hell” Yuri’s threat was loud and strong.

Yuri might have fewer friends due to her trust issues growing up but if she makes an enemy, then there is no going back. Thinking Belle would get hesitant, Yuri glared at her. But to her surprise Belle spoke again.

“You can bully me all you want Yuri but I like Sasha, who knows we may even date. You can waste all your life without anybody’s love but I won’t let Sasha become you” Belle slammed the door and left. Her words made Yuri hurt, she had never left so humiliated. 

“All because of that Sasha” Her hands fisted in rage.