Chapter Eleven

Switching Back and Forth

Yuri felt a rage in her stomach as she watched Sasha’s video update. “How dare she” she murmured. 

She watched as Sasha cursed at her.“How dare you put someone through all that? Belle was terrified you’ll bust her to the whole school. What kind of a friend are you? How dare you abuse your power like that over someone? Arrgh I am so mad at you right now” Yuri rolled her eyes and stared at the screen while it ended. 

“Ahhhhh” she screamed out of anger.

Why does it have to be such a big deal to Sasha?

Who is she to judge me? All these thoughts made her frustrated.

She grabbed her pen and wrote on her journal, so big and clear. She could feel her anger rising up and she was very close to losing her temper. It came to a point where she could no longer calm down.

#BLANK#

I stared at Yuri’s journal. There were letters written in bold and capital which formed these words.

“YOU ARE A BITCH. STAY AWAY FROM MY LIFE”

“She’s not even sorry” I muttered out loud.

Does she think I have no right to be mad for what had done to Belle?

“That poor girl” I thought helplessly.

What happens when I tell Yuri about the latest discovery about myself?

Would she use it as an advantage too?

Belle didn’t believe me even when I said I would never do such a thing. She had every right not to, she has no idea we both were complete different people. I took her pen and wrote below, thinking she’d hate me even more. But I didn’t care, I am not going to be afraid of her. I am not going to be afraid of myself. Even if we shared the same body, even if I was living Yuri’s life, this was my life too. And I’d stand up for my friends. My heart was filled with fury against Yuri.

#BLANK#

Yuri came back, for a second she didn’t even feel like she was gone. She stared at her journal and knew Sasha’s been here. Because under her insolent words were written something more offensive.

“BEING POPULAR HAS MADE YOU SO COLD THAT YOU SEE PEOPLE AS OBJECTS TO TRAMPLE ON”

“What the hell is her problem?” Yuri thought.

Her anger towards Sasha was increasing by the minute. Being popular was the reason she did what she did when it came to Belle. She had no friends she could trust, and when she came to know about Belle’s sexuality, she swore herself never to let it out but she had to keep someone who’d listen to her, who’d understand her, who’d talk to her. She wanted a friend and she merely chose the wrong way of making one. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks and she let them all out. Her anger died slowly. She knew she was the one to blame considering her judgments made in the past.

#BLANK#

“Why are we switching back and forth?” I stood up and realized there were tears in my eyes.

She feels sorry after all” I thought. I wiped the tears off, and wrote back on the journal. This time it wasn’t anything mean. I had only one explanation for the switching; it was the anger that triggered it. Anger from both sides made us switch back and forth. I felt a mild headache. It must have been a lot to handle for one body. My anger had died, and I wanted to make peace with Yuri.

Deep down I knew she wasn’t mean; she was a really nice person. I came to realize, life had more in store for me as I wrote on the journal. I was happy with who I am and who I’ve become.

“I forgive you, and I am sorry. I shouldn’t have blasted at you like that. I didn’t even ask how you were, after the breakup. As an alter I have to accept you for who you are. And I didn’t mean anything I said out of anger. It was wrong of me. I wasn’t solely angry  at you; I was angry with myself because I am confused. Nothing seems real these days, and what I feel, I am not sure it’s real either. But I need you to know this, because this is just who I am. I like girls, I only like girls. That makes your alter a lesbian. I recently found out and as my host, I hope you will accept me for who I am. Please don’t be mad.”

Ps. I do hope you’ll start treating Belle better. She’s a nice girl.           

I ran my eyes through every line over and over till I was ready. I was ready for Yuri to find out that I liked girls. I dropped the pen and closed my eyes. My mind called out for Yuri softly. And I let out a deep breath.