Extras

Extras – The Proposal

"Alright Paige, please make sure every page is printed exactly the same. I don't want any mess ups" I reminded her as I gave her my final draft.

"Don't worry Lou, I won't disappoint you" She smiled whilst taking them.

"And congratulations, your tummy is showing up now. I'm so happy for you and Jason" I stared at her belly and wondered when Yuri and I would plan to have kids and if we do, who would bear them?

Paige rubbed her belly gracefully smiling so hard. "Yeah I know, can you imagine a mini Jason?"

I gasp as I throw my hands in the air "It's a boy?" I stare as Paige nods. "Aww we're having a mini Jason" I give her a warm hug. The feeling of Jason and Paige getting their happy ending is pure bliss when you have been there watching them grow as people. Now that Jason was running his father's business, he is more than capable of taking care of Paige and himself, whilst Paige was finally letting her introverted-self vanish by becoming a literary agent.

"But you can't tell anyone, I promised Jason I wouldn't let anyone else know the sex of the baby, it was supposes to be a surprise"

"My lips are sealed, and thank you" I say while she heads for the door.

"For what?" Paige asks completely clueless.

"For being my agent, for supporting me to write this book. I really appreciate this" I smile and let her know genuinely from my heart that I was eternally grateful to have such good friends.

"I should be thanking you, you know. You may have not realized it then, but when you told me to pick up the phone instead of the knife, your subconscious was referring to something that happened to yourself, it really woke me up. I still had struggles in between but after knowing your story I was even more convinced that self-harm doesn't solve anything. And look at us now, it eventually worked out! All that worry and hurt from the past couldn't compare to the amount of happiness and love I receive from Jason today and this baby . . Had I was successful in suiciding, I wouldn't be able to live this day. So I'm so grateful to you for writing this book which represents that message. I want everyone to hear your story and embrace the hope for a better future."

"Okay a simple 'you're welcome' would have sufficed. Now you're just making me feel bad for giving you one compliment" I chuckled.

"I'm pregnant and hormonal, sue me" Paige joked before leaving. Her Uber had come and despite my insist to drop her home, Paige is very stubborn when it comes to being overprotective since her pregnancy.

Minutes after Paige was gone, my phone was vibrating on the couch. It was Jason along with his 12 missed calls. I sighed before answering.

"Yes, Jason?"

"Where is she?"

"She got an Uber and she is on her way to your house now"

"WHY CAN'T THIS GIRL JUST PICK UP HER PHONE WHEN I CALL? SHE KNOWS I GET ANXIETY WHEN SHE GOES OUT ALONE"

"Jason, you need to chill. She will be fine. She can take care of herself. Besides it's like a ten minutes car ride."

"Have I learnt to be overdramatic because of you girls?"

"No, I think we're picking it up from you"

"Haha very funny. I think I hear Paige at the door. Okay bye love youuu"

"Yeah that's gotta stop. You can't keep leaving messages on our phone saying, I just called to say I love you guys and get so emotional. It makes Yuri go 'aww' every time and I have to roll my eyes because Jason, you're a fully grown ass man and ..."

"Love youuuuuuuuu mmmwaaaah goodnight Louuuuu byeeeeeeeee"

I sighed again as I kept the phone. Very few people on this planet understand the relationship between Jason, Yuri and me. Somewhere along the lines he has become family and staying apart and living our own lives has made him cope in a very different way. We live close by so that if we ever need eachother, we can get to each other soon. Jason and Paige visits every weekend to catch up as Jason promised because according to him, if we don't meet up once a week we may drift apart. Either way we haven't lost our friendship and we will never because of the bond that we share. It has obviously made a huge impact on Jason's life because he is more expressive than ever now and gets emotional very quickly. Once he had a nightmare about me disappearing, so he came over in the middle of the night to give me a hug and cried on my shoulder. Either way, Jason is a blessing that happened to Yuri and I. I don't know how life would be without him.

Thinking about Jason made me miss Yuri even more. She was not in the city and is busy conducting meetings with people to launch 'The Circle' worldwide. She works hard and it makes me happy and sad because she isn't around most of the time. I miss her.

When she isn't around I occupy myself with different things and make sure I'm not moping around. I feel like I turn into Jason if I'm left alone for too long. I mean, at least one of us needs to man up here. So when I was walking with Michael the other day, I walked past the ring shop and thought to myself; what was I waiting for? I knew deep down she was going to be my wife someday but we never really had the talk before. But it was the goal here, the whole point of our relationship, owning a house together. I could imagine Yuri wearing a beautiful white dress, twirling around with the brightest smile. The thought made me happy and that thought gave me an idea. I was already in drafting my book so might as well include the proposal in it so it stays forever. The proposal will be in a book that contains my life and my soul, I couldn't think of a better way to express my feelings to Yuri.

Walking towards the desk, I opened my laptop and read the proposal out loud.

"Yuri, life took me on a roller coaster but the best part was having you next to me for the wonderful ride. I know this is silly, I know this is insane but it has been the best 2 years of my life. Thank you for being there for me during the hard times and the good times. I can't begin to tell you just how much we've grown from this experience. Now I know I have disappeared in the past because I had no choice, but right now I do, and I want to stay in your life forever; if you'd let me. I am so in love with you, with every part of you and to me, your soul is beautiful. I can't imagine my life without you. I don't even want to. I would love to wake up next to you every morning, kiss you every single day, remind you how beautiful you are, and love you through anything and most importantly call you my wife. So if you could do me the honor of becoming my bride, please say yes and make me the luckiest girl on the planet. So what I'm trying to very obviously my darling, Yuri Williams, will you marry me?"

I smiled at the thought of her reaction. Would it be happy, shocked or surprised? Most of all, would she like the ring? I wondered while taking a long hard look at the big diamond ring that I had stored away for this very occasion.

Author's Note

I will be adding little extra chapters to make sure there are no loose ends. Do comment below which questions you guys would like being answered. Hope you guys liked this story! :')