Chapter Eight

When life gives you an alter

 “Are you sure only three people live in this house?” I asked curiously looking around his beautiful mansion of a house. Jason walked inside his house and led me to his living room. I gulped as he grabbed my hands slowly.

He moved towards me and spoke “You look more nervous than how you were on your very first night”

 Of course I was. Usually I could handle the situation my way but my life wasn’t just about me anymore. I had to think about Yuri too. About how much she was in love with this jerk. Yeah he is a jerk, screamed every bone in my body. I wanted to get along with Yuri but that didn’t mean I had to sacrifice my body to a ‘nobody’. His hands reached my waist and before he could kiss me again, I managed to speak.

“If you are going to sleep with me again, you will have to earn it”

I could feel my body tense as Jason stood so confused.

“What?” Jason scratched his head and waited as I continued.  “Yes, I am not a toy; you can just toss and turn as you please. So next time, you want to just sleep with me, take me on a decent date, treat me to a romantic meal, spend time with me then sleep with me. I can’t excuse you just because you’re the most popular guy in school” I exclaimed.

It felt so good to say out everything Yuri couldn’t. Reading her jornal was almost like reading everything about her romantic life. She wrote all the good moments and the bad, and right now I am only saying them out loud. I am doing her a favor.

I could barely make out Jason’s face. He just stared at me. I stared back confidently annoyed. He could think there is no one else like him, but there are plenty of good guys out there. “Yuri, I would never hurt you that way. Besides you were the one who said, you didn’t like to have dates” Jason defended himself. I scoffed.

“Okay, News flash, every girl likes to be treated nicely. Lately you’ve been treating me like crap. You just broke up without a reason. What do you expect me to feel? I used to give in to you all the time, but not anymore” I found myself recalling Yuri’s journey and yelling at Jason.

I couldn’t control myself. “Stop” screamed a voice in my head. I realized what I had done. “Shit” I felt my body tense again. I had gotten way out of line. It's not my place to tell, I realized.

There was a long silence and before I could say anymore, Jason grabbed me by my waist again, pulled me and kissed me. His lips brushed against mine aggressively. My backpack fell and all the books inside it, just scattered on the floor. He lifted me up and pressed me against the wall. Funny, I wasn’t a bit turned on by him but I played the part pretty well. I had to, even thought I had no idea why Jason was kissing me after that lecture I just made him listen to. I could feel his hands moving hard against my body, urging to remove my clothes. He hugged me as soon as our lips parted, breathing heavily.

“You surprise me Yuri Williams. Will you go out with me on a date tomorrow night at 8?” he laughed and asked.

“That worked?” I thought. I just made a quick escape from Jason, and also scored a date. I deserved an award. “Sure” I smiled. Jason was considerate enough to put all the books back that fell from my backpack due our aggressive making out. He drove me back home and smiled throughout the entire ride. “I never had anybody talk back to me before” Jason said slowly.

“Well, you’ll hear an earful of me if you treat me wrong” I said and I meant it.

I walked inside my room and sat on my bed. Today was a good day. Before I switched back, I wanted to record a clip for Yuri.

“Hello Yuri. I did your history test today. Don’t worry, I have a feeling I’ll ace it. I mean you’ll ace it. Also I met Jason today. Guess who got you a date with him at 8 tomorrow night? ME! I mean You!” I chuckled as I pointed myself. I sighed. “I guess we are doing okay in each other’s body. But I don’t think it will be possible for the both of us to keep this a secret for long. I hope you’ll reply me as soon as you see this” I switched off the camera.

It was almost time for dinner when I heard Mrs. Williams call out. “Yuri, dinner’s ready”  I rushed downstairs to eat. I felt my stomach growl as I saw the food placed on the dinner table. I reached towards the chicken that was tastily fried with onion rings on the side.

#BLANK#

Yuri’s eyes open wide to see her fingers touching fried chicken. “WHAT THE HELL?” she thought. Her mother stood with her plates ready, stunned.

“Did you just reach for the chicken?” Her mother asked.

“Now why would I do that mother? You know I am 100% vegetarian.” Yuri spoke quickly. She ate her fruit salad, and rushed upstairs into her room. How could this happen to her? Why did she have to share a life with someone else. It was unfair! It was so unfair, after everything she had been through, life was always letting her down.

Why? She whispered.

She stared at the mirror and removed her hair band again letting her hair loose. Her identity was slolwy fading away. Soon people could barely recognize her personality because she now has two. This cant be happening. Yuri burried her face to the pillow and sobbed silently. 

Does she need help? She didnt know.

Is the disorder temporary of permanent? She didnt know.

The only thing she did know was that she has an alter and that her life would never be the same.