Personal Message from the Author

Oh my God, you guys are amazing and frankly, crazy. Thank you for reading this story. I am overwhelmed by the response and I have the best time reading all of your comments 💓 Keep them coming 😏

I know this story isn't like the 'typical girlxgirl' stories out there. And there are like a billion spelling errors in this thing. But I honestly wrote it for fun, until it began to mean something else. My goal to captivate the audience through every character build up, resulted in me truly being captivated by them. Their words, their choices and how they are as individuals has given me so much perspective.

This story taught me many things about life. I wrote it five years ago, and my life was a lot simpler back then. If you don't mind me sharing, I went through the most traumatic experience of my life last year. My father was at his last stage of renal failure and his donor backed out at the last minute. His kidney function had dropped down to 9%.

At this point, my father had given up on his life. And despite his disapproval, I volunteered to be his donor. My mind was set and no one could stop me, until my mom went behind my back and signed up to be his donor instead. She had filled out the paperwork and kept saying it was best option for everybody.

Imagine trying to wrap your mind around, one parent going into a transplant surgery. Now imagine, both...

I spent six months of last year, watching my father go through dialysis, watching my mom get tested and physically fit for surgery. And mentally preparing myself for the surgery day. The day finally arrived and I didn't get a wink of sleep. The donor gets taken to the operation theatre 30 minutes before the recipient. My mom was calm and smiled at dad and they both waved at each other before she was taken in. And for the next 30 minutes, dad just, cried; until he was taken in as well. And the next nine hours, was the dreadful waiting.
I closed my eyes and tried to remain calm, I remembered what the doctors said would happen. Prior to this day, the doctors prepared me for every bad scenario that could take place. I even signed off as their guardian so in case something goes really wrong, I have to give consent. I prayed it wouldn't come to that. I prayed a lot that day.

I guess I realized then how valuable life is and how I have been taking it for granted. After surgery, there were alot of complications (I don't want to get into all that here, maybe I'll write a story on this, who knows) Nevertheless, both my parents recovered well and it has been a year since their surgery now.

My mom gave her kidney to my dad. My mom saved my dad's life. She is a superhero. Both of them are fighters♥️

Anyway, my point is that, life is already short as it is. Love yourself a little. Maybe not the way Yuri does with Sasha but don't give up on it. Appreciate the little things. I am glad I get to have dinner with both my parents every now and then. Last year, I did think why did it have to happen to me? It was not fair. Why did it have to be both my parents? I felt helpless. And don't even get me started on my anxiety and stress.

It still worked out, okay. I am okay. Infact I am the happiest I have been in my life right now. And you will be too ♥️

Find your inner strength like Yuri.
Fight your fears like Sasha.
Be 'a shoulder to cry on' for somebody like Jason.
Pursue your dreams like Belle.

Damn, I didn't think this 'thank you' note would get this long. Sorry for spilling too much about my life. But hey, if it helps atleast one of you out there, it's worth a shot. Am I right? ♥️