Chapter Six

The Switch

  I could hear myself gulp as I pressed rewind and watched the recorded clip again.

There was indeed another me.

She was me but then she wasn’t me. Our personalities were so different. Heck, she even asked if I was a demon inside of her. Maybe she was right about me being her alter. My eyes took a long glance around the pink room.

“Everything in this room belongs to her” My mind concluded.

Nothing in this room matched my personality. Sure, I can be bubbly at times but I am not what everyone thinks I am. I am different. I am not Yuri. I was finally able to listen to what my mind had been screaming. This was Yuri’s life, and I’m just someone sharing her body.

Does that make any sense?

How in the world can this even happen?

Is there a logical explanation for this?

I felt tears run down my cheeks. “I was wrong” I thought staring at the laptop screen again. The words Multiple Personality Disorder gave me a chill down my spine. Thinking that, such a disorder existed, made me feel uneasy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t know who I am” I managed to say it to the camera which was now recording. “I just woke up day before yesterday in your bed” I realized my voice was a bit cranky by all the crying that had happened five minutes ago. “I am not a demon, and I don’t wish you any harm”

“I think  ... I am your alter” I stammered. “So we need to figure this out” I stated.

 It was tough for me to accept the fact that, I was no longer a real person. I am just another personality living inside Yuri’s body. It felt unfair at first but I had no choice but to do the right thing and accept it.

“Also, I think you should be the one to tell about this, to your mom” I said quietly.

 I saved the recording and kept the chip on the study table. I wanted to believe all this was a lie, but it is what it is and I had to suck it up.

There was a knock at my door which made me jump.

“Yuri?” It was my mother.

Maybe it was time to stop calling her mother” I thought.

“Yes . . . mom?” I gulped the pain that rose in my throat, knowing that she’s not my mom.

“Let’s have a talk, shall we?” She smiled as she sat down on the bed next to me.

*BLANK*

Yuri opened her eyes to her mother staring at her.

“Did you see that?” she asked loudly. Yuri was back, but her memories of the day had vanished.  She panted as she looked at her mother who was confused by her sudden behavior.

“See, what?” She replied.

“Did you see who, you were talking to mother? That was not me” Yuri began to shake. She wanted to scream all the words that were at the tip of her tongue. But it was way too unreal to her yet.

“Not this again, Yuri. Just when I think you’re getting better, you end up disappointing me” Her mother said rudely and got up from the bed.

“You have to stop being a child, Yuri. You are becoming a grown woman, act like one”

Yuri’s mother had it with her behavior. It was not acceptable, even Yuri gets it. But how was she going to explain to her mother that what she was facing was real. That there was another person involved someone whom she had never welcomed to her life.

A tear fell down her cheek she her mother slammed the door on her way out.

At the corner of eye, she caught the glimpse of the chip on the study table.

“She replied?” It sounded ridiculous, waiting for a reply from HER.

She played it and listened to every word her alter had to say. This cannot be happening.

 It just can’t.

She sighed as the clip ended. There had to be a solution for this. Yuri wanted to be normal again, she wanted her life back but it seemed like she wasn’t the only one in control of her life anymore.

“Google” A voice rang in her mind. Right, Google has all the answers to all the questions.

Clicking through sites, she came upon a YouTube video about a British guy explaining how to deal with Multiple Personality Disorder.

“Step One : Accept your alter. Step Two: Don’t think of the alter as a burden but think of the alter as a gift being given to you. Step Three: Control your emotions”

These were three baby steps she needed to take in order to have a normal life with an alter. Yuri wondered if her life would ever be normal again. She really needed to be normal, to have any chance of getting back together with Jason.

“My one true love” she whispered.

Author's Note

Hi Guys, so what do you think about the story so far? What woud you do if you were stuck in a situation like this? Dont forget to vote or comment. I'd love to see what your guys think :D