Chapter Ten

Pretty Little Blackmail

I stood near my locker with my books waiting for Belle.“Hey, I’m sorry, the bathroom line was long”

I smiled.“That’s okay”

 We were walking to our classroom when Jason popped out of nowhere. “What do you mean by this?” He pointed his IPhone on my face. I read what it said.

Apparently it was a text from Yuri to Jason saying she wanted to break up with him for good. My eyes grew wide. Yuri could’ve given me a heads-up before she blasted this on Jason.

“I think it’s best if we didn’t talk about this here?” I glared at him trying to make it convincing. “

Why? I thought our date went really well. I told you, I like you the way you are now” His hands pressed my shoulders. Everyone’s eyes were focused on us. Some on them were even holding their phone to record our conversation. “This is bad” I thought.

“I can’t switch to a complete different person Jason, I am who I am and if you can’t accept it, then it’s your damn loss” I snapped. I took Belle’s hand and dragged her inside the classroom.

I took a deep breath and sat down. I felt like I was going to switch back to Yuri but I didn’t. Jason wasn’t in Biology, so he wasn’t in the same classroom as I was in. I was grateful for that.

“What could’ve happened between Yuri and Jason to end this bad?” I thought.

My thoughts came to a halt as Ms. Mindy walked in our classroom. “I need all students who passed the history test and who is willing to go to camp, to sign their name here” She passed the paper among the class and waited as everyone took their turn. When the paper came to me, I thought carefully if Yuri would want to go.

Of course she would, she was the most popular girl in school. I was going to take my pen when I heard. “No, don’t write my name there” I immediately dropped the pen and passed the paper to Belle.

“Did Yuri just speak to me?” I thought.

Ms. Mindy cleared her throat as the paper came back to her. She looked over to her left and welcomed a girl who was standing outside the classroom. Her hazel eyes searched around the classroom. Her curly red hair swung both sides as she shook Ms. Mindy’s hand. She had a beautiful figure. I stared at her while Ms. Mindy began speaking to the class.

“Class, this is Whitney Huffman. She is a transfer student. Get along with her” She smiled at the whole class and waved.

“Hi guys” I gazed at her nervous chuckle when no one in the class replied back to her. I wanted to, but I couldn’t. Whitney sat in front of me in class. As our Biology lesson commenced, I could barely hear a word Ms. Mindy explained as I was too distracted by the smell of Whitney’s hair. I wasn’t sniffing it out like a rabbit, but the scent was excessively strong.

As soon as the class finished, I rushed out with Belle to the cafeteria.

“You are acting very weird Yuri, should I be worried?”

She adjusted her glasses and sat beside me on the cafeteria table. I saw Whitney walking towards us and before she passed I spoke bluntly

“Hey there, care to join us?” I flashed my brightest smile and as she smiled back and nodded, I found myself blush.

“Am I being serious right now?” I thought.

I sort of spaced out when Belle talked to Whitney. My senses forced me to stare at her pink lips like a magnet I felt my lips drool. “Wake up Sasha” I pinched myself by my arm and held onto the pain. She was beautiful, even the way she spoke. I felt my heartbeat fast. I was overcoming symptoms of Yuri getting out. But I wasn’t ready to go yet. I wanted to look at her more. I calmed myself and luckily I was still there, gazing at her like a fool.

I was confused, very confused.  “I actually have to go and meet Ms. Mindy. But it was really nice meeting you both” She stood up and left.

“Belle, do you find Whitney attractive? Not like a friend, like a lover?” I asked her directly.

What I hadn’t realized was that I was asking Belle not as me, as Yuri. Too late, Belle was already panicking. She held onto my hands and whispered. “You said you won’t say anything to anybody as long as I did all your homework” She looked straight at me with pleading eyes.

“Please don’t out me to anyone Yuri. If my parents found out, they’ll kill me” She said quickly and quietly. “Belle likes girls?” I wondered. Why does Yuri always skip out the interesting topics?

“Hey, I asked you that question seriously. We are friends now, Belle. You must start trusting me” I managed to convince her.  Yuri and I were overcoming a lot of obstacles together.

A flashback took me back to when Jason kissed me passionately. Any girl would have been all over him, except me. I wasn’t even a bit turned on by him. I don’t think I’ll ever be turned on by a guy. Suddenly I felt a huge force trap me and I felt myself fall. My mind was denying it, but my body couldn’t resist it.

Oh no, I think I like girls too” echoed my mind.