Chapter Thirty Two

Unacceptable

“What do you mean, you’re Riley? How did you even know about her? Yuri, if this is a joke then it’s clearly NOT FUNNY! You can’t just mess with someone’s feelings. This better be a fucking joke!” I screamed into the recording camera. Tears spilled from my eyes, I wasn’t just hurt, I was angry.

 In fact I was furious with Yuri. I’ve had it with her. Sometimes she’ll act so kind then most of the times she’ll just show me her true side, which happens to be the evil queen.

She cannot be Riley. My heart was broken once because of Yuri and it was happening again because of her.

Five Hours Ago

RileyS – “I cant do this anymore. I like you, I really do. But its not going to work. I just cant, I am sorry Sasha, but I think we should stop talking”

Sa$ha- “No! I don’t want that. It will work. Distance relationships work, trust me. It will work. We’ll make it work”

RileyS – “I am not far from you Sasha. I’m quite closer than you think. I’ve been lying to you and I am really really truly sorry. Its time you know the truth”

Sa$ha – “What truth?”

I stared at the laptop screen. I waited for her reply but she didn’t. I went to her account only to find that it was deactivated. Riley Smith was gone for good and I don’t know what I did to make her leave.

I thought we had something, I was finally giving in. When I finally thought my life was meaningful again, something horrible happens and I’m back to square one.

I tried to bring myself together and be strong but the rage within me tore me apart.

I had buried myself in this Riley mess and completely forgot to watch Yuri’s video update. I asked her if I could tell Riley about our situation but I guess there was no use of it now. I inserted the chip on the laptop and waited for the video to load. I played it and waited for a while, because for a minute Yuri didn’t speak. She just stared at the camera. It took me a while to figure out she was crying.

“Sa-sha. I have something really bad to tell you. You’ll probably hate me after this but I want you to know because I just can’t lie to you anymore. I-It began right after Jordan’s party, after I started doubting that I may be a lesbian. One night I found the website you were using to chat with strangers and Jason signed me up for it by using a fake name. I didn’t know it would get serious. It wasn’t a prank. I just wanted to be sure that I liked girls. I just wanted someone to talk to me. I got many requests but I ignored them but I accepted only one.”

“No no no no please please don’t let this be true” I gasped. My heart was beating so fast. Yuri had betrayed me again. Yuri sobbed a little more as she continued.

“After I accepted the request, we talked. I really didn’t think it would get out of control. “

I paused the video, unable to stomach the situation. My heart felt heavy, I couldn’t watch the rest of the video. Yuri had crossed all the limits this time. I could never forgive her this time. Never.  Ever.

Just when I had finally let my heart love again, Yuri had stomped on it and crushed it to pieces. Sharing a body with her, made me feel sick and disgusted. I had no control over it; I had no control over her.

How could she do this to me when all I have ever done for her was nothing but good things?

How could she pretend to be someone else and play with my feelings?