Chapter Sixty Five

Jason's POV

I wrap my arms around Paige as we cuddle on the couch. She isn't as distant as she used to be. I stroked her hair, parting them aside so I can have access to her neck. I softly start leaving trails of kisses down her neck as she giggles.

"Ticklish now, are we?" I smirked.

"Stop it" She says giggling louder.

"I love the sound of your laugh" I whisper in ear as she turns her body around so she can lie on my chest. I lift her chin with my finger, so she could see my face. "I love everything you do"

"Stop it" She smiles shyly.

"I love the fact that you moved in with me. The fact that you opened up to me" As I began to talk, I feel her body slowly shrinking into mine. I wrap my legs around her. "I also love that I can make you stay on top of me for days because my legs are quite strong"

"I'm not going anywhere" She says quietly.

"Oh you can't, I'm not letting you go. You see, I'm very territorial" My hands caressed her skin softly.

"You're Jason Haynes, I should be territorial of you, because you're quite the catch" Paige responds.

I laughed at her response, thinking if she only knew how I have evolved. I'm not the same Jason Haynes anymore. "I'm not the same Jason Haynes anymore" I repeated my thoughts out loud.

"I know, but I'm the same Paige, so insecure" She replied burying her face in my chest.

"You're doing much better now. Look at us, we're both in such a good place in life. I've seen so many things in this life, many things beyond my belief. But all I know is that, no matter what everything falls into place just fine" I lifted her chin up, so she could look into my eyes because what I was about to tell her came truly from my heart. She is a god sent gift, even if she believed it or not. She is so special to me, and you only get one life to live. And I'm not going to waste anymore of mine.

"Paige, I have always told you how much you mean to me. And I don't know if you believe me or not, because I sincerely mean it. My feelings for you are sincere. And that coming from a guy like me might be hard for you to comprehend because of your history and I get that. But if you give me a chance, I will prove to be worthy of you."

"It's not like that . ." She placed her soft hands in my cheek disagreeing with me.

"I love you Paige. I am so in love with you. When I first met you, I was intrigued by you. I didn't know how things would change, or how you will become someone so important to me. It took a really long time to gain the trust of your father and his approval, because I know how much he means to you. If you give me a chance, I promise to put you first. I promise to love you more than anything in this entire world. I know how tacky this sounds, but this is how I genuinely feel" I feel my heart pound hard against my chest as I look into her eyes and slowly reach for the ring box in my pocket.

"So Paige Johnsons . ." I sniff a little opening the box and bringing it in front of her. "Will you make me the luckiest man on earth by marrying me?"

Her eyes gleamed at the ring that was waiting to sit on her finger. "Jason . ."

"I would kneel down but you're sort of on me" I chuckle as she laughs.

"Are you sure that you want to . ."

"If you're not sure, don't answer me right away. Take your time" I tuck her hair back and lean to kiss her soft lips. "I love you" I whisper underneath my breath.