Chapter Twenty Nine

RileyS & Sa$ha

Sa$ha - “You talk as if being a lesbian is a sickness. Come on, you’re just in the beginning of processing it in. I had the same problem too. I was okay with it but my body wasn’t. I know it sounds ridiculous but eventually everything falls into place and that fear you have right now will vanish. You’ll get used to it once you start crushing on someone. Do you have anyone in mind yet, Riley?”

RileyS - “I have nobody in mind. Why would I have anybody in mind? All of this started with a game which got a little too serious. Besides I have enough complications in my life right now. I guess I just have to accept the fact that I no longer like boys anymore. I knew I needed a little push from someone to realize it. Thank you for being there when I needed someone.”

Sa$ha – “It’s no problem. I understand how sometimes life can tough. Trust me, mine is crazy. But once you embrace it with open arms you’d probably stop questioning why it’s so unfair and be more like ‘Is that all you got?’ Anyways I really wish we could skype sometime. I would love to see you”

RileyS – “I don’t think that’s going to be possible any time soon because my webcam is totally damaged, and as I told you before I live in Australia, and our time difference makes it nearly impossible to chat online unless you want to stay up all night. My sunrise is your sunset, and since we both have school, these little messages are the only way of our communication. I’ll inbox you when I’m free and you inbox me when you’re free. “

Sa$ha – “I kind of like this, talking to you makes me not think about her all the time. I guess I’ll have to thank you for it. It’s been a week since we started texting like this and I must say that this has been nothing but plenty fun. I didn’t expect to find someone like you on a lesbian dating site but I’m glad I did.”

RileyS – “Do you still like her? Why? I mean, you both didn’t even date and she clearly has moved on so why don’t you too? You’re kindhearted and nice, why must you be bothered by her?”

RileyS – “I’m sorry, I just can’t believe love could be that strong. Anyways slowly you will move on from her, I give you my word. And FYI I wasn’t really planning on signing up, my best friend did it for me. But I am glad I got signed up”

Sa$ha – “Honestly, you’re right. I didn’t even date Belle, I hid my feelings from her for her own good. I wish I hadn’t, maybe that’s why I think about her. It’s the guilt that’s eating me up. I could move on if I wanted to, but I guess I don’t want to. I wonder why I am being the cause of my own misery.”

Sa$ha – “Your best friend signed you up? I guess she knew it way before than you did then”

RileyS – “It’s a ‘he’. My best friend is a boy not a girl. I guess he did really know it before I did. And you are not the cause of your misery Sasha. You always think everything is your fault even when it’s not. I might not see you or get to talk to you face to face but all I know is that even at this point in my life I have never met anyone quite like you.”

Sa$ha – “Whoa, that’s a lot of compliments. But trust me, once you really know me, you would want to cut off all ties and just run the other way. I have a complicated life. It’s sort of hard to explain but I’ll be there for you if you need me. I am a good advice giver.”

RileyS – “I think I know you pretty well. Everybody’s life is complicated. But someone great told me that eventually everything falls into place”

Sa$ha – “Using my own words against me now, aren’t ya? Maybe everything will be alright. Maybe I can have a normal life, maybe just maybe I can love again”

RileyS – “Finally, now you’re talking"

I read Riley’s text again and smiled. She was funny and really sweet and also the highlight of my day. It had been a week ever since I started talking to Riley Smith and she was by far the coolest girl I had ever talked to. I wondered if this was a smart move considering my host and alter situation.

I reached for the camera to record a quick video update for Yuri. Things with Yuri were fine as well; in fact our switches are getting better and easier. I don’t feel an electric shock through my body whenever Yuri shows up anymore. It finally feels like Yuri and I have separate lives. It’s a good feeling; everything in my life was going great.

But why do I feel like something bad is about to happen?

“Hey Yuri, This is my video update. Everything is normal, everything is fine except your ex boyfriend who keeps tagging along with me wherever I go. And he keeps asking me “Do you wanna talk about that thing now?” “Can I ask you a question about the thing you told me not to talk about?” I don’t know what you two are up to but could you make him stop. I am so close to telling him the truth, I really think you should just tell him, so he would stop harassing me. I know I’m being bitchy right now, but it’s not like I could switch to you even if I wanted to. Our switches have changed, you are in more control of it than I am. Yeah that’s pretty much it. It’s up to you to tell him or not, I am just giving out the easier option for both of us”

Telling Jason Haynes about me and Yuri is going to be a tough. Since his reaction is unpredictable, him processing the whole situation is unpredictable and his assurance of not telling anyone else is also unpredictable.

But telling him was surely going to make Yuri’s life a little easier. Yuri needs a companion like Jason who’d always be on her side but Jason needs to know that there are two sides in Yuri’s life.

Authors Note

Hello Readers, The conversation between “Riley” and Sasha is sent in different times to each other. I put them together so it’ll be easier to understand. I decided to write from a point where they know each other well enough. I hope you like this story, if you do, don’t forget to vote and comment. :D

And do you really think Jason should know about the host and alter?