Chapter Twenty Four

Riley Smith

“Okay, I am officially the worst alter in the world. I know I was supposed to be there for you Yuri and I always will be but I sort of spaced out in that closet. Whitney was an animal and the last thing I remember was thinking why would you get yourself into such a situation like this again? And then poof I was gone and you came back. I am really sorry. Although my curiosity is getting the best of me, so I want to ask you what happened next but I am not going to. Geez I’m not even making sense. Ugh I am so sorry Yuri.. Again. I am such a dick. Even though I don’t own one which of course you know because we both have one body and we are a girl. Shit. I suck at this. Bye”

 Yuri replayed Sasha’s video update again and laughed throughout her awkward way of apologizing. If it was the old times, she was sure she’d be pissed off. But times have changed and so have she. It was a new beginning of something even Yuri couldn’t describe. Last night was blurry but her conscious was still intact. Yuri’s curiosity had become the main topic of conversation between her and Jason.

 All Yuri knew was that her feelings wasn’t convenient, it was wrong. Not that she had the best judge of character lately, but liking the things Whitney was doing to her in that closet, was purely wrong. Whitney was a straight girl and so was Yuri. Yuri recalled her body being electrified, a feeling she had never known.

“It’s still wrong” her mind reminded her. It wasn’t like Yuri was falling for Whitney either but what were the chances of her falling for a girl now? It was highly likely that it could happen and Yuri was terrified. Maybe she was thinking too hard about this, maybe it was just the heat of the moment. Her mind immediately blocked the thoughts about her ever kissing another girl. Well that’s the thing about the brain, you can shut it off for a few minutes but when reality hits, everything explodes and every denial finds its way out in the open to scream out the truth.

“But what is exactly the truth?” Yuri whispered to the tensed air. It had been six months ever since Sasha had showed up. “It’s been six months” Yuri whispered again realizing that six months before she had no true friend, suffered from a broken heart and was a heartless bitch. 

 Snapping back to reality, Yuri thought about the one person who she really needed right now. The one person she had pushed away. Yuri had caused so much chaos in Belle’s life that it wasn’t even right to get in contact with her. But she was the only one who knows everything, the only one who would understand. Without thinking more Yuri opened her laptop and typed. Her fingers typed eagerly waiting to check Belle’s whereabouts. Yuri’s face book account was already logged onto, and Belle’s page was already checked.

I guess Sasha got here first then” Yuri thought as she clicked on to the pictures Belle posted recently. The screen showed a list of recent pictures of Belle, mostly drinking coffee, more pictures of the sunset and Eiffel tower.

“Geez show off much” Yuri muttered rolling her eyes. Finally Yuri landed to a picture of Belle with another girl, both holding hands and closer than they should be.

“Shit” Yuri thought. She had been so consumed with her own life lately that she haven’t even stopped and asked Sasha how she was doing. And finding this picture would break Sasha’s heart because of their history together. A message popped up at the corner as soon as Yuri tried to close her laptop. She clicked the orange icon which led to a website. Yuri stared at the screen curiously as it loaded.

“Find your perfect female partner here on www.soulmates/forlife.com. We match your interests and help you find ‘the one’” Yuri muttered as she scrolled down. Her face covered from utter shock realizing that Sasha had applied for online dating. Online Dating? Sasha? All confused Yuri stared at the screen for a minute unable to process the information.