Chapter Forty One

Whispers, Stares and The Glares

“In the name of Starbucks, let me survive this day” Yuri thought as she walked in the halls of her school. It was nice having Jason by her side, these days he never leaves. At the back of her mind kept replaying the message Sasha had sent to her in the morning.

“You told your MOM? Wow. I can’t believe it. I’m so happy for you, for . . . us. Things are going to get better Yuri, I promise you. I’ll take good care of you. I’ll be there when you need me. I won’t go anywhere, it’ll be just me and you.”

Sasha’s words had given Yuri the strength she needs to get through the day. Telling her mom about the whole lesbian thing was easy but to the whole school, it might get bad. There was already couple of students eyeing at Yuri then at Jason and whispering.

“I’ll be there with you, if you need me” Jason murmured. His side smile gave Yuri a little hope.

“Excuse me for a sec Jason, I’ll be right back” Yuri replied as she hurried to the restroom. She needed a little air, scratch that, she needed a little time for herself before announcing her sexuality to a bunch of judgmental hormonal crazed teenagers. 

Restroom seemed like the only peaceful place in the school, no whispers or stares or glares.

“You!” All of a sudden strange girl appeared in front of her grabbing Yuri’s hand, she cornered Yuri to the wall. Anger fired through her eyes. Hatred surrounded the restroom. Who was this girl?

“What – are – you do—oing? Yuri choked.

“You had your chance!” This mystery girl yelled at Yuri. She was furious but why?

“Who are – you?

“The only one Jason will ever love” She shot back, pressing her hand tightly over Yuri’s neck. It was then Yuri realized who this girl was.

Vicky.

“Stop – you’re hurting me” Yuri gasped. This was the moment she was supposed to change back to Sasha but she didn’t. Why on earth would she let Sasha suffer? Vicky had picked the wrong day to threaten Yuri. She looked like she was about to crush Yuri into dust.

“Please . . .” Yuri found herself beg as she turned red. Vicky wasn’t stopping and she wasn’t showing any mercy. Who knew some girls was that crazy?   

“LET HER GO!” screamed another raged voice in the restroom. Vicky turned her head to see who was warning her, and so did Yuri. Through the dizziness in her eyes, it took Yuri sometime to figure who stood in front of the restroom door.

Whitney.

“I said LET HER GO” She repeated louder this time. But it didn’t have any effect on Vicky, the grip of her fingers held tighter around Yuri’s neck.

“Get out Whitney, this has nothing to do with you” Vicky yelled back at Whitney.

Where is Jason, when you need him?

“Last warning Bitch, you let her go right now or else . . .”

“Or else what?!”

Whitney was fast to react, her hands grabbed the collar of Vicky’s top, she dragged her away from Yuri and then her fist met Vicky’s face. Yuri gasped again, but in shock this time. What in the world was happening right now? Why was Whitney protecting her?

“STAY AWAY FROM HER. IF I SEE YOU NEAR HER AGAIN I’LL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL!”  Whitney made her words loud and clear, whereas Vicky crawled her way out of the restroom. Yuri placed her fingers on her bruised neck with tears that rolled down her cheeks. Whitney’s eyes met hers and although she wanted to say something, she didn’t. Yuri wanted to say something but she coughed instead. Her voice was hoarse.