Chapter Sixty Two

What's the Catch?

Yuri's POV

Yuri clenched her toes; she was unable to open her eyes. Her mind was awake but her body was still asleep. She has felt this before. What a weird feeling it was, to have many things run through her mind but unable to react to any of them.

She had sleep paralysis the night Sasha arrived. So, did that mean Sasha left? She wanted to freak out but she still couldn't move her body.

"No, Sasha you can't leave me, again" She felt tears flow down her cheeks. "I won't survive without you"

As soon as she could move, she quickly got up from her bed and ran outside. She waited outside as Jason's car pulled through the driveway. It was nice to know that he was always on standby. She rushed to his arms trying to control her panic attack.

"What happened?" Jason asked stroking her hair but she could not stop bawling her eyes.

"I think .. I think she's gone again" Yuri whispered.

"No" Jason stared at her in disbelief. "We should go to Nick right now"

"Oh god, Jason I won't be able to recover from this" Yuri murmured sitting in the car. She knew it would be too much for her if Sasha was gone for good. Again.

"No, don't give up hope. We will fight and break down whatever wall that is blocking the way to your portal" Jason reassured.

"Ahh I don't know what to do, I had sleep paralysis after two years and now I can't call out Sasha anymore. I don't hear her voice in my head either" She exclaimed. Sasha was gone, she felt it. She knew the worst was happening and there was no way to stop it.

"Let's just calm down for a minute. We'll freak out after what Nick says, okay? Can you promise me that Yuri?" Jason drove the car as fast as he could. Yuri could tell from his face that he was just trying to console her but deep down he was freaking out too.

"Okay" Yuri whispered. There was no energy left in her body. The meaning of life had been lost on her. How could she fall in love with someone so much? Why was it impossible for her to imagine her life without Sasha? Sasha had done everything in her power to make sure Yuri was happy, and she was. She was the happiest she's been throughout her entire life. Why was God taking that away from her now? After beating the tumor, after losing her for five months and then having her back to only lose her again in the end? This was not fair.

Jason parked the car in front of the clinic and opened the car door, waiting for Yuri to step out but she couldn't.

"Come on Yuri get out of the car"

"I can't" She was physically unable to move. Her mind was filled with thoughts. Some negative and some positive.

"Yes you can!" Jason hugged her.

"Going back to Dr. Nick won't help, Jason.. she's gone. I can feel it, she's gone" Yuri said at last. There was no going back and forth with this. Yuri felt her heart breaking into a million piecies.

"Now what? We sit and wait for her to come back? We need to get her back!" Jason exclaimed. His refusal to believe the inevitable was somewhat encouraging but too sad for Yuri to bear.

"I cant breathe .. " Yuri placed her hand on her heart and cried out. She was hurting bad.

"Okay Yuri, listen to me, pull yourself together. She comes back, she always does" No amount of reasoning would help the situation. People come into your life and then sometimes people goes. They have no choice but to leave. In this case, Sasha must have found herself.