Chapter Fifty Three

And The Reason Is You

Whitney’s POV

“I can’t stand this” I buried my hands in my face. They say to speak of the truth and truth shall set you free, but it doesn’t. It makes you even more trapped. I was back in the park, just crying and weeping like a little girl. I don’t even know who I am anymore.

“It’ll pass” Belle’s voice was soft as her fingers brushed through my hair. She was about the closest person I have. She knew how I felt; she’s been in my shoes I guess. Apparently Yuri wants nothing to do with me. How do I get that through to this thick useless skull?

“How? I just confessed to her, again and it never ends well.” My voice cracked underneath my very own subtleness. I wasn’t just some girl pining over this other girl and crying non stop about it, I remined myself of how stupid that sounds. But that was me right now. I had the nerve to go ask out a girl who just started living her life after tough days. I mean who does that? Me, obviously.

“It’ll pass” Belle whispered again, making me wonder if she was actually listening to anything I was saying.

“Teach me how to make it pass” I wanted it to stop and end. I need to move on but I cant, not when Im feeling like this. I tried staying away, I tried being mean, I tried being extra mean then I got punched. But this time when I told the truth and was actually nice and sincere, she told me to fuck off.

“It’ll take time”

I rolled my eyes so hard it fell on my knees. “Can you form a sentence longer than three words?”

“I guess so” Belle smirked this time still untangling frictions of my hair using her fingers as a comb. I gave her a stare before I continued.

“I was even ready to be her rebound. It’s weird how things turn around” I sounded pathetic and as if Yuri was the only girl in the world. I knew that already but I cant stop.

“You’ll be fine”

“Yuri, she . . . um kissed me back for a second before she pulled away. And shattered my world apart by telling me to stay the fuck away from her like I was a creepy person” I clenched my fingers slowly, reminiscing her words which indicated how wrong I was for kissing her and being near her while all I wished for her was nothing but happiness.

“You are a creepy person, Whitney. And as far as that one second kiss goes, she probably missed that feeling, I know I do” Belle sighed slowly.

“Are you still defending her?” I frowned as I said it. We’ve become some sort of like a rejected team together. We’ve gotten closer over the months that passed by but none of us called each other besties.

“No, I am on your side. We vent together like we promised” Belle gave me a slight sincere smile, her eyes glimmered through the darkness that surrounded the park. This was now our spot, our venting spot.

“You’re filled with sunshine while I am feeling like I’ve hit rock bottom” I stated looking at her. Normally she’ have this worried look on her face and I’ll have to be the one to comfort her but in this case she was comforting me.

“Then I’ll help you get up.” Belle whispered as her eyes locked up in mine, without any notice she leaned in tilting her head slightly.

“What are you . . .” I managed to say but I was cut off by her lips pressing against mine. It wasn’t a long kiss; it was a rather short one. “doing?” I finished my sentence as soon as her lips parted. She was still so close I could smell her fresh breath on my face.

“Giving you something called a distraction, free of charge.” She replied quickly as she came even closer this time. My heart pounded faster, and I felt weak in my legs. Her fingers wiped the dried tears on my cheeks