Chapter Fifty

Surviving

Two Months Later

“Mom” Yuri found her voice calling for her mother for the second time. She stared at the woman who was seated on the chair with a wide grin on her face. “You can stop daydreaming about the wedding now”

“Ohhh I am sooo excited” Mrs. Williams cheered happily pressing Yuri’s hands tightly. The big rock on her finger clearly made a huge impact on Mrs. Williams and lit up the house. Yuri nodded slowly, she was happy that her mom was finally getting a new husband but scared that she was now getting a new father. Not that Daniel was creepy like her biological father but the change did sort of have an effect on her.

“Tell me how he proposed again?” Yuri regretted asking but she knew how her mom loves telling that story over and over again. She was in love, Yuri could see. Yuri knew exactly how it felt to be in love and she considered her mom lucky to be feeling that way. Anyone was lucky to be madly deeply in love, it was after all the best feeling in the world.

“Okay so, he stopped in front of a ring shop and asked me that he needs a huge favor from me, I was confused but when I asked what was the favor, he said he wanted to propose to his girlfriend and if I could select the one that would be the best fit out of all the beautiful rings. I literally had butterflies in my stomach, Yuri. Butterflies” Yuri chuckled as she gave her mom a huge hug. Mrs. Williams wrapped her arms around her daughter. Things were better between them, it took some time for Yuri to stand up, but when she did, she grew closer to her mom and most of all closer to Jason.

“I am so happy for you” Yuri whispered slowly.

“Will you be my maid of honor?” Mrs. Williams smiled as she asked.

“Yes, yes of course!” Yuri hugged her mom tighter. Everything was slowly falling into place. Yuri tried to cover tears of joy but it fell down her cheeks which made her wipe it away quickly. If her memory served her right, she didn’t remember the last time she cried tears of any kind of happiness. The doorbell rang interrupting mom and daughter bonding time, Yuri stood up and gave Mrs. Williams a small peck on her cheeks.

“That’s my ride, I have to go now”

-                                                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“You repainted your car?” Yuri exclaimed as she sat down on the next seat of Jason’s car. His blue car had turned into black. Along with the car, Jason had made a few changes to himself as well; his dress code looks way too decent. Yuri wondered what was up with her best friend.

“Seriously, you noticed the car first?” Jason rolled his eyes which made Yuri chuckle. The argument they had two months back was the last real argument they had. Things got better after that day, Yuri began to recall how the past two months had brought a real change in her. She was growing stronger as each day went and Jason was there every step of the way. He had made up for all the times he had hurt her, Yuri knew she couldn’t stay mad at Jason anymore. She knew what Sasha had done was purely out of love and was her decision. Jason never pushed her into it.

Yuri stared at her best friend, happy that she has now found something to make life meaningful again.

“You look way too decent to be my best friend. Where is Jason and what have you done with him?” Yuri demanded an answer strictly but ended up laughing too loud.

“Look at you, enjoying life and shit” Jason sneered.

“You do know that she’s the daughter of a priest and she isn’t allowed to date so no matter how you decent you look, her father can smell your dirty mind” Yuri remarked. The girl Jason likes just happens to be the most religious girl on the planet. And even if Jason washed himself seven times with holy water, he isn’t getting a shot.