Chapter Sixteen

A Cure for The Wise

 Soft silk sheets touched my skin, as I lay on the bed, burying my face in the pillows. It had been a tough week. Yuri had crossed all limits when she decided to mock my sexuality. I sighed when I thought about Belle, who hadn’t called or met me ever since the video went viral even after all my texts about the switch. It had been three days since the video, and I shiver whenever Yuri switches back, not knowing what she might do next.

I thought she was my friend, I thought she’ll always have my back but I was wrong. Even though I warned Yuri through our recorded messages that I’ll take revenge for what she did, I couldn’t do anything. I was helpless.

  Was it because I am nicer of a person than she is?

Or was it because I am too much of a coward than her?

I felt my body raging; nothing made me feel any better. My phone made a buzz, and it took me a while to read the message with all the thoughts running in my mind.

Meet me in my favorite spot. B”

  It was Belle’s text, after so long. She was clever enough not to say exactly where, because Yuri may take advantage of it. Belle’s favorite spot was the park at the right corner of our high school. She’d stay there after school, on the swing with a lollipop in her mouth, laughing and smiling. Anyone who surrounded her could never feel negative energy. I forgot all about Yuri and our problems. I walked downstairs and checked if Yuri’s mom was home, only to realize I was home alone again. I picked the extra key hidden near the cupboard, ad made my way to the park.

There she was, sitting on the swing under the moonlight. Her smile wasn’t visible, but she forced one as she saw me. “Hi” I said noticing Belle’s glasses were missing now I could see her dark brown eyes locked into mine.

“Hey” Her voice was soft and calm. I sat on the swing right next to hers. I couldn’t say anything, even though a lot of words were hanging at the tip of my tongue. I felt ashamed and sorry towards Belle.

“Listen, I am sorry for not contacting you, and hiding from you for the past couple of days. I am just trying to figure out your situation” Belle spoke out. Her face was not meeting mine.

“You mean a solution? There is no solution Belle” I replied. I couldn’t believe why she would even think there will be a solution for me and Yuri.

“There might be who knows. Yuri is making your life a living hell. And that bothers me” Belle words were kind but I wasn’t still sure what she meant. “Don’t you want to be free from all of this? Isn’t this switching back and forth tiring as it is? Why live life that way?”

Her questions seemed like I had a choice which I never did from the start.

How could she expect me to live my life when I am living Yuri’s life? No one knows my existence expect Belle! I clutched on to the swing’s handle and asked.

“Do you think I like it, living inside someone’s body? Do you think I have a choice, Belle? Yuri and I are nothing alike but we are forced to live inside one body. Haven’t I already explained all of this to you?”

I felt the anger rising, I was mad for some reason. I thought Belle understood my situation but here she was, asking stupid questions. Questions, she knew that I have no answers for.

“Sasha, do you want to be free or not?” Belle’s voice was sharp this time. She stared at me with a straight face and seemed dead serious about her last question.

“Yes, who wouldn’t want to be?” I replied harshly.

“I might know how to bring you back, like forever. No Yuri in the way, just you”

I felt my heartbeat fast. I stared at Belle thinking she was joking or playing a trick on me. I hesitated before I could ask her what her plan was. Deep in heart, I knew I couldn’t betray Yuri even if I wanted to. It was after all Yuri’s life, and I was just merely a surprise visitor. On the other hand, it could be so nice to have my own life where I don’t have to worry about Yuri jeopardizing it.

“What do you mean?”

“My elder brother is the therapist of all kinds, I could ask him to treat you. He’ll just have to trigger what’s causing the switch. He’ll prescribe you with different medications and maybe you’ll defeat Yuri” Belle said in a convincing voice.

Has Belle gone crazy?” I thought.

“I am living inside Yuri’s body, Belle. I’ll get swiped away in the end. I am the one who isn’t where I belong” I spoke back.

“See, that’s the thing you don’t understand Sasha. What if Yuri had been living your life from the beginning? What if she locked you away and kept you inside as a prisoner for so long? What if the real host was you and Yuri was your actual alter?”

There it was Belle had said what she needed to say. And what she just had said never crossed my mind. I had never stopped to think that maybe, it was my life. I stared at Belle, all confused and not sure what else to say.

Her words hit me hard, and I sat lifelessly on the swing as she waited for an answer. I was caught in the middle of a very serious situation. It was a matter of choosing wisely or poorly.

But what will I choose? Will I betray Yuri when Yuri had already betrayed me?

Authors Note

This chapter is dedicated to @possessionobsession because she's been so supportive from the beginning. If you like this story, vote, comment and share it among your friends :)