Chapter Twenty Two

Seven in Heaven

“This is not a good idea” Yuri exclaimed as she walked in Jordan’s house with Jason. Her eyes observed how all the furniture’s were moved aside making a huge space for people to move about. The music was blazing loud, she realized half of the high school kids were here dancing and enjoying the party.

“Don’t change your mind now” Jason spoke into her ears and grabbed her waist. A voice yelled Yuri’s and Jason’s name, Yuri looked up to see Jordan running downstairs to talk to them.

“Jason and Yuri, together in MY party. Wow” He welcomed happily. Yuri could smell the alcohol from his breath. She looked at Jason who wasn’t going to let her leave the party without kissing a girl. Everything about this night was sounding ridiculous.

“Come on, we are about to start our fun games” Jordan stated pointing upstairs. Before Jason could say yes, Yuri managed to say.

“No thanks, we’ll hang out down here for a while”

“Okay suit yourselves” Jordan smirked as he ran upstairs. Jason eyed at Yuri thinking she was backing away.

“Come on Yuri, don’t tell me you’re backing off now” Jason’s hands wrapped around her body. Even though they looked like a couple on the outside, they both knew there was nothing left to save in their relationship.

“I am not going to play those lame ass games, I rather just dance and kiss a girl and finally prove to you that I am not a lesbian” Yuri explained. She looked at the dance floor for possible candidates Jason could pick.

“How about Belle? I haven’t seen her for a while.” Jason suggested. Yuri nearly choked on her drink she picked up near the side table, she felt herself frown at the irony of the situation.

“I need alcohol in my system to get through this night” She murmured.

“No you don’t, you need to be sober so you’ll be in your right mind” Jason replied as he snatched the cup from her hand.

“If I kiss a girl, chances are likely that I am not in my right mind” Yuri exclaimed. She shook her head and waited for a while still unsure she should go through with this.

“Oh and Belle is not in the country, she moved away. Out of all people why would you choose Belle anyway?” Yuri rolled her eyes as she spoke.

“Because doesn’t Belle do everything you ask her to and then shut up about it?”

“She’s not my slave, she has her own feelings and I can’t mess with that again” Yuri found her defending Belle after remembering the time she pretended to be Sasha and tried to sabotage her relationship.

“Okay, where is Yuri and what have you done with her?” Jason remarked as a joke. Yuri laughed. Before Yuri could join the dance floor, Jason grabbed her hand and led her upstairs. “This is not going to be good” she thought.

Jason pushed the door open to one of Jordan’s room and found a bunch of people circled around. Most of them were laughing so loud and joking with each other. Jordan flashed a smile when he saw the two of them. Yuri immediately began to regret coming to the party in the first place.

“What are you guys playing?” Jason asked friendly. Yuri could see the girls who were seated staring at Jason with lust in their eyes.

“We are playing seven minutes in heaven in spin the bottle style” Jordan tore a piece of paper and wrote Jason’s and Yuri’s name and folded it and kept in a small container along with other folded pieces of paper.

“Practically, its seven minutes in heaven in my closet right there, and we spin the bottle, and whoever it lands to, will have to pick one of these pieces of paper and that would decide who would join them in the closet for some fun” Jordan explained.

“That sounds so interesting” Jason gulped as he knew it could go both ways. If he picked a guy, then he’d have to make out with a guy for seven minutes. Yuri couldn’t help but burst out laughing as Jason drank the cup that he snatched from Yuri’s hand earlier.

“We NEED alcohol to get through this night” Yuri whispered in his ear. Jason let out a deep breath and sat determinedly not moving. Yuri understood that he was serious about this even if he had to kiss a guy just to make Yuri aware that she liked Lesbians. Yuri felt her disgusted by the thought.

“Okay let’s begin” Jordan yelled as he spins the bottle. Yuri eyes ran to the participants, one was a brown haired guy she had never seen before, and then sat a blonde girl just like Yuri right next to him. She felt Jason’s fingers on top of her hand gently touching them. Yuri looked the opposite side another girl brunet sat next to her.

There was a redhead who kept chewing gum and staring at the bottle eagerly. The last girl next to her was . . . Whitney; her head was buried into her phone all this time that Yuri didn’t even notice her existence in the room.

The bottle stopped to the redhead girl who chuckled as she picked a folded piece of paper. Yuri felt her heartbeat fast; she wasn’t ready to kiss a girl, and clearly not a girl whose mouth is going to be flavored with gum.

“Okay Leah, who did you get?” Jason asked curiously.

“I got Sam!” She chuckled again raising the piece of paper in the air. Sam who was the brown haired guy blushed as the crowd cheered and when Leah grabbed his hands leading him into the closet. Jason puts the stopwatch in the middle and everyone waits until their seven minutes is over.

 When they get out, Sam’s lips have been covered with Leah’s red lipstick and he could barely walk straight out of intoxication. This indeed was a lame game, but she needed Jason to stop teasing and apparently this was the only way he promised he would stop. Yuri felt lucky when the next person also didn’t happen to be her. It was the brunette girl who was next to her who picked had picked Jordan to make out with.

 While they were in the closet doing whatnot Yuri realized that Jason had made her forget about all worries about her father in one night. Maybe Sasha was right after all, Yuri missed Jason when he was just a friend, nothing more. They had complicated their friendship by forcing themselves to something more. Yuri looked at Jason who flashed her a  big smile.

“Why are you grinning like that?” Yuri asked.

“Because it’s your turn”

Jason eyed at the bottle on the floor which was pointed at Yuri. Yuri gulped hard, as if this was the hardest moment in her life. She reached for the small container that contained all the names of the participants in the room. She shuffled it a bit and took some time to pick out one of the papers. Her fingers removed the folding and she stared at the name that was written in capital letters.

She turned the paper the other side so that the others could see who she had to make out with.

YURI” Jordan read the paper and burst out laughing and so did the rest of them. Jason grinned and took the paper from her fingers.

“She needs to get another chance, she can’t obviously make out with herself” Jason remarked. Jordan nodded agreeing with Jason. Yuri gulped again and reached her fingers back to pick a paper; this time quickly she pulled out one and opened it.

“Who is it?” Jason asked curiously. Yuri looked up to see all the eyes staring at her, waiting for a response.

“It’s . . . you” Yuri said looking at Jason. She smiled at him as he smiled back. Jason took her hand and leads to her to the closet.