Chapter Thirty Four

A Long Night

“Hi Yuri” Belle greeted. Yuri held her breath as she stared at Belle. Yuri suddenly forgot English Language and couldn’t find words to respond.

What are the odds of her being here right now?

Why is this happening?

Before things turned weird Jason decided to break the silence.

“Hey Belle, long time no see”

“Hey Jason, nice to see you after a long time” She smiled at Yuri but Yuri didn’t smile back. How could she?

“I met Belle when I went to buy some dresses for you in the shopping mall” Mrs. Williams spoke as she continued trying to unpack her bag. “Belle saw me and she invited me over to where she lived and we had a long talk with her parents about letting her come over and stay with us for a couple of weeks”

“You – are staying he-eere?” Yuri stammered in anger. She couldn’t control herself. She should’ve just told her mom that she was a lesbian that day and avoided this situation.

“Yes, I’ll stay in the guest room if you’ll have me. My school starts next month so I thought why not spend a little time here. And It’s been a while since I have seen you” Belle grinned.

By that of course she meant Sasha. This was by all means wrong.

“Mom, she’s a lesbian” Yuri pointed at Belle making things rather uncomforting for Mrs. Williams.

“Yes, I know she is. Is there a problem with that, Yuri?” Mrs. Williams lifted her eyebrows hinting Yuri to be nicer. Jason just stood there and watched the drama that followed with a huge smirk on his face.

“I’ll make something for all of us to eat” Mrs. Williams made herself busy in the kitchen leaving the three musketeers on the couch. The awkwardness that surrounded them was preordained.

“So Yuri, how have you been?” Belle spoke first.

“You just can’t wait to talk to her, can you?” Yuri snapped. Belle looked uncomfortably at Jason who sat next to her on the couch.

“Don’t worry about me. I know about them. Go on, you two” Jason gestured.

“How is she?” Belle spoke quietly.

“She is doing great, no thanks to you” Yuri shot back. Her jealousy had risen and she didn’t know what would happen when Sasha sees Belle. Everything will change. That one possibility would be gone. Truth was she was now being a bitch because she was afraid.

“Okay, well I really hope you don’t mind me staying here for a couple of weeks. I can’t stay with Nick because he’s barely home and your mom is amazing for letting me stay here”

“I am not okay with you staying here Belle. But I’m trying to change, so I’ll try to be okay somehow” Yuri said trying to face her.

“Thanks, I really appreciate it” Belle replied. Belle made everything so hard. It was going to be so hard for Yuri to adjust with her being back in Sasha’s life. It was going to be hard for Yuri to switch back to Sasha not knowing what might happen next. Most of all it was going to be harder to hate Belle when all she did now was be nice to her.

-                                                                                               - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“So Belle, what did you do in Paris?” Yuri didn’t hesitate to ask as she played with her fork. Dinner was going to be interesting, everyone knew except Mrs. Williams who had absolutely no idea why her daughter was being mean to someone was sweet as Belle.