Chapter Thirty Three

Holy Shit

I sat on the sofa drifting my angry thoughts away for a minute. I felt tears that had dried down my cheeks. Yuri had been crying, I realized. But did it really matter at this point? No. I had been constantly neglecting my own needs by putting Yuri’s first. Only to be stabbed by her in the end.

Judging by the empty house and the negative energy, I could sense things with Yuri and Jason hadn’t gone well either. One thing was for sure, my feelings had elevated back and I wasn’t sure where I stood anymore in the department of love.

I rested my back on the sofa and took a deep breath. I was alone. I had a host who I thought would always have my back but she had betrayed me. What has my life come to?

I went back to my room and found a yellow note stuck on the laptop screen.

“Watch the rest of the video. Please”

I rolled my eyes to her desperate need to seek attention. I wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction. Why should I? I had heard what I needed to hear. Yuri had confessed to be the total bitch that she is and I needn’t hear more. I saw on the bed staring at the laptop, as much as I wanted to protect my pride I wanted to swallow it and watch the rest of the video. Why do I have to be this soft hearted?

Without much thought, I played it.

“After I accepted the request, we talked. I really didn’t think it would get out of control. I just needed to talk to someone who I could always count on. You helped me realize a lot of things; you helped me accept who I really am. And I think I helped you move on from Belle. I was honest with you, completely except my identity. Riley is the person I was before the whole thing with my father happened. I was enjoying being me with you, Sasha. I never ever meant to hurt you. Everything I told you is the truth, even about the part where I said I liked you. I know it’s crazy but I can’t help myself. I would never hurt you because I love you. I just wish – “

What? Love? Me? No way.

This video must’ve been cursed because I don’t think I’ll ever be able to finish watching it. The palms of my hand covered my mouth as I sat on the bed trying to process what I just heard.

This can’t be happening.

Why on earth is this happening?

The host, falling in love with her alter?

It sounds ridiculous. It is ridiculous. I searched through the bed and found Yuri’s phone. Texting Jason was not the answer but I had no one else who’d try to understand the situation or help.

“Hey, it’s Sasha. How fast can you be here?”

It took fifteen minutes for Jason to arrive. Seeing him made me feel sadder this time. His hyped face had become serious. I knew Yuri must’ve told him everything and that’s why I needed him to be here.

“Do you want some coffee or tea?” I offered, feeling guilty. This couldn’t be normal even if I tried. We both knew that.

“Nah, I’m good” He replied quickly sitting down on the sofa.

“She . . . said something . .I am not sure. Did she tell you?” I stammered as I spoke. I needed answers and I needed the truth.

“She said that she has fallen for you, Sasha” Jason spoke firmly.

“That’s ridiculous”  I managed to reply.

“I know. It is and I’m trying to make her realize that but she won’t listen to me. She says she’s sincere with her feelings towards you and its driving me insane to even think about it”