Chapter Forty

There's nothng stopping that

Waking up to know that you’ve kissed the girl of your dreams was the highlight of the day, but waking up to find out that the girl of your dreams has accepted your feelings, is the highlight of the month! Yuri couldn’t believe what she was watching; Sasha had finally admitted that she likes her in her own sort of way. She stared at the laptop screen while it replayed.

“I still think you’re crazy but right now you’re my crazy and I’m yours”

How beautiful is that sentence, Yuri could melt right away. As crazy as it seems, Yuri knew deep in heart that she and Sasha could make it work somehow. This was actually happening! Yuri felt her cheeks blush, it had been a while since she had last dated. And her last date happened to be a boy. Yuri found herself wonder how this might turn out? It usually isn’t an issue but her situation was different. She had her lover living inside her body, so it wasn’t like she could go over to Sasha’s house and make out. Complications were there but together they’ll face them, won’t they?

Yuri cleared her worries and picked up her phone. Her phone was filled with texts, from Jason and . . . Belle? Her confusion was inevitable but she didn’t think about it too much. Apparently they were concerned about her health. But Yuri was fine, in fact she was doing great and for the first time in a long time, Yuri felt that everything in her life was perfect.

Today is an important day, Yuri reminded herself. She waited downstairs and stared at the clock. The house was silent, and she was alone. But she didn’t feel upset or lonely; she knew she’ll always have Sasha right beside her. Having Sasha in her life was a miracle that Yuri couldn’t comprehend. Maybe this was the reason Sasha existed in the first place, so that Yuri could find truelove. Everything was in Yuri’s favor and it made her more anxious than happy. Nothing stays this good for long, eventually something always . . . changes.

The doorbell rang; Yuri immediately stood up on her feet and ran towards the door to answer it. After the talk about the vacation, Mrs. Williams wasn’t still able to keep up the end of her vacation promise. And this time Yuri wanted to face her very inattentive mom and just tell her to give it a break. But Yuri opened the door to face Jason.

“What are you doing here?” Yuri crossed her arms as she let him in. After panting for a while Jason managed to answer.

“I had to make sure you were okay” His deep breaths continued while he grabs a water bottle out of Yuri’s fridge and gulps half of the bottle down.

“So you ran here?” Yuri was puzzled.

“Well, yeah I’m practically your caretaker” Jason replied quickly after giving her a small hug. He was being extra sweet today, Yuri wondered why.

“Well you don’t have to be my caretaker anymore, because that job is permanently given to Sasha” Yuri hinted as she smiled brightly. Jason grinned back sitting next to her on the couch. There wasn’t any surprise on his face, but he looked calm.

“So Sasha finally gave in?” He asked stroking Yuri’s hair slowly.

“She confessed.”

“What are you doing to do? All of a sudden Jason started being  . . . Jason.

“What do you think? I am going to date her”

“For real?” He sounded astonished still trying to wrap his mind around it but he didn’t discourage it either. Yuri stared at him for a while, frowning.

“Jason, you’re doing that thing again”

“No, actually I’m not. I’m very happy for you. Anything that makes you happy makes me happy” Jason replied quietly. Yuri leaned in and gave him a cheek kiss. It was her way of showing Jason her appreciation.