Chapter Forty Three

The Second Thing

“I’m calling your mom” Jason took out his phone as he pulled out another tissue and gave it to me.

“No don’t –“was all I managed to say.

I knew that I had fallen and I knew that I was on the verge of being fully unconscious. But what I didn’t know was how much my body was giving up.

“Jason” I whispered huskily while my eyes lay shut. It felt like all the energy from my body was being drained. I wasn’t unconscious, not just yet.

“Yeah yeah, I am right here. I can’t reach Mrs. Williams” Jason spoke holding my fingers tightly.

“Good, don’t tell her” I couldn’t feel blood flowing down my nose anymore, but I felt the lack of enthusiasm in my body. Even in that moment, all I could think about was Yuri. What if I switched to her? How confused was she going to be? How can I cure this?

Jason lifted me up with his bare arms and made me lie on his shoulders. I rested, while taking deep breaths, feeling as if I was losing each one of them. I still couldn’t open my eyes, but for now it was okay.

“Sasha?”

“Hmm”

“Alright good, you’re still there.” Jason whispered quietly. He was scared, and so was I. He rocked me back and forth slowly in his arms, until I began to gain a little more strength to open my eyes a bit. I could see a faint figure standing in front of the door. I breathed heavily, wishing it not to be Mrs. Williams. I really did not want Yuri’s mom to find out about her illness. Not yet.

“Sasha, are you alright? Come on Jason get her up” Belle’s voice spoke softly. I felt myself being lifted up and then being carried outside. Although I didn’t want to go outside of the house, I wasn’t in a position to protest,.

“Get her in the car, I’ll drive” Belle replied and I felt Jason nod. Part of me knew what was happening but then again I didn’t. I felt like a girl who’d been drugged heavily.

“How much did she bleed?” I heard Belle ask.

“Pretty much. I think she has fever” Jason replied back. His fingers patted on my back slowly, trying to make me feel better. But it was getting worse, I felt a headache coming up and I knew it wasn’t going to go away. I groaned when Belle pulled over.

“Hold on a bit longer love” Belle replied. I couldn’t move, nor could I open my eyes fully. For the first time I couldn’t even help myself. Jason got me out of the car, and I could feel my head pounding when he ran past the doors.

“Nick, you have to help her, she – she . . .” Even though I couldn’t see Belle, I knew from her voice that she was crying. My body felt lifeless, and I felt paralyzed and I hoped in that moment, to let me make it through the day.

-                                                         -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming back was a challenge. You see, I thought I had nearly died today but opening my eyes and finding me back in my room all in one piece made me feel different. Every day when I wake up, I feel grateful, like every second and every minute now matters.

“What happened?” I asked trying to sit up on the bed.

“Oh thank god” Belle wrapped her arms around me. And Jason just smiled. They must’ve gone through hell and back to make me okay. Although I was confused I decided not to ask any questions. I was grateful to have friends who’d help.

“Nick helped you out; he said your body was a little weak today. He shot you some IV fluids and sent you back”

“I see . . .”