Chapter Seventeen

The Real Host

 “Okay, now take a deep breath and close your eyes” Belle’s brother Nicholas instructed.

 I was in his private clinic and judging by his looks, he was better at this than I thought he would be. I closed my eyes keeping it shut tightly. And I took a deep breath. My mind called out for Yuri. I needed to show him the other side of me.

I wanted this to end, but eliminating Yuri wasn’t a choice I could make. Even though my hatred towards Yuri had grown vastly over two weeks, I couldn’t bring myself to betray her. Because I wasn’t as cold hearted as she was. So I merely took this opportunity to get checked out by a professional. I let myself sink inside, and felt myself fading away to the darkness.

”I hope Yuri handles this situation maturely” I hoped and then I was gone.

#BLANK#

Yuri opened her eyes to a bright light shining at her face. “Whoa, who the hell are you?” She demanded.

“Would you look at that? Even the expressions and the attitude changed!” He spoke to a dark figure behind him.

“Belle! What the hell are you doing?” Yuri shrieked. Belle didn’t talk back instead she looked at the man who pointed the bright light to her eyes. “Stop that! What is going on?” Yuri stood up and yelled.

“Stop freaking out, we are just testing you both, to see what’s causing the switch” Belle replied quietly.

She wasn’t even in the mood to fight with Yuri because her attention was solely towards Sasha who had refused actual help but accepted a regular basic checkup not to betray Yuri. Sasha had let go of the one chance of them ever being together.

“Yuri, My name is Nicholas Reid; I am Belle’s eldest brother and a therapist. Sasha came to me, just for a checkup, that’s all. Will you please sit back down so I can do my job? Don’t you want to know what is happening to your body?” Nicholas asked.

Yuri realized she did indeed want to know what was going on. Even though she didn’t trust Belle’s brother she sat down because he had offered to help, and she didn’t have to explain to him about the two personalities without looking like a fool.

“Okay, let’s start with the dilation of your eyes. It seems more responsive than Sasha’s”.  He spoke. Yuri didn’t understand what he had meant but she let him go on. He drew some of her blood and kept it in a small container.

“Did you take Sasha’s blood too?” She asked curiously.

“Yes, I did. I will check them both tonight and call you with results” Nicholas assured her.

“What results?” Yuri managed to ask. For some reason, she was okay with Sasha seeking out for help. With everything that has been happening between them, she thought it was nice of Sasha to be concerned about the switch and taking attention towards it.

Nicholas looked at Belle unable to answer her question. “We are checking to see who the real owner of your body is” Belle answered.

It was clearly about time Yuri realized that maybe there was a slight chance that Sasha was the host. Belle’s words began to kick in Yuri’s body and she let out a grunt as she rejected them.

“I am the real owner. I have been living inside this body since I was born. Sasha came out four days after my seventeenth birthday” Yuri’s voice rose louder.

“Well, it won’t hurt to check and be sure” Nicholas said smiling. Yuri stormed out from Nicholas Private Practice clinic. She realized Belle followed her. “Sasha didn’t want to betray you” she blurted out loudly.