Chapter Sixty One

Here Goes Nothing

One Month Later

"I can't believe I'm doing this" I whispered, knowing very well Yuri can hear me. Looking around, the only familiar face I see is Dr. Nick. I wonder what he's doing here.

"Everyone, welcome to the circle" Dr. Nick began. I clenched my palm tightly and hoped Yuri would be here instead of me.

"Now now, Sasha, we agreed to this" Yuri whispered. Ugh, fine. I knew I had no choice but to say yes. In front of me sat 3 girls and 2 boys. All of them and their alters.

It was called 'The Circle'. According to Dr. Nick, it seemed like the perfect way for the host to understand the alters and vice versa. And for some reason, Yuri thought me going first would be a good idea.

I looked down at my vibrating phone. It was a text from Jason.

"Do you want me to come save you? Oh wait, I can't. Yuri will have my severed head on a plate"

Followed by another text from Jason.

"And she will feed my severed head to the homeless junkies near the church. What if Mr.Johnsons find my severed head?"

I rolled my eyes and tried to stay focus. Dr.Nick stood up and began to talk.

"I spoke with Dr. Valerie here and we both came up with The Circle for people like you all here today. For people who struggle every day to understand themselves. People who think they are not normal. People who get bullied because they are a tad bit different from others. People who think it's a disease and it requires a cure. People who don't have the courage to get out of bed anymore. People who don't treat their hosts or alters fairly. And people with special abilities." He looked at me and smiled. The last sentence surely was directed at us.

"The Circle is for hosts and alters, and how they will try to work together rather than try to eliminate one another. So since we're all here. Why don't we get to know each other a little?"

Dr. Nick suggested a group introduction and I felt my shoulders shrug with the least enthusiasm. I'm doing this for Yuri, I repeated in my head. But I still don't see the point of us being in the circle. We are doing perfectly fine. Just because I keep having this stupid dream doesn't mean that something is wrong.

"We both know that it's been a week since you've had the same dream continuously. I know when something is wrong" Yuri's voice echoed.

One by one, each person in the circle began introducing themselves and their alters. Some had two alters, some have five and the numbers kept increasing. Finally, when it was my turn. I introduced myself as the alter while everyone else introduced themselves as host.

"So, you're the powerful one?" One girl asked me.

"Huh?"

"Where's your host? Are you out because you're more powerful than her?" She asked again.

"Uh no. She .. well we decided I'll go to the first class and she'll go to the next" I replied.

"Oh okay. You're lucky you at least agree with your host on something" she chuckled.

I smile at her not knowing what else to say. Damn, some of these people must have gone through a hard time. We did too, when we didn't know any better.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Three days had passed, meaning three sessions had passed. Was I getting better? I don't think so.