Chapter Thirty Eight

Darkness filled with Light

I took a deep breath in and spilled out the words that magically formed up a sentence, one sentence I thought I’d never have to say.

“I want you to eliminate me for good”

Before Dr. Nick responded, it was Jason who broke the silence with drama.

“What? No fucking way. You brought me here to do this?”

“I have to. It’s the only way”

“Bullfuckingshit. It’ll destroy Yuri. You can’t do that. Get up we are leaving right now” He commanded.

“I’m sorry Jason, if you want to leave you can, but I’m doing this whether you like it or not”

“What is it with you and Yuri, both are hella stubborn. Sasha you can’t do this”

“Watch me” I glared at Jason and turned back to face Dr. Nick “So can you help me?”

Dr. Nick stared at me for a while to see if I was serious. I was serious, I needed to give Yuri her life back and stay the hell away from her. It’s for her own good. She’ll thank me one day, I’m sure.

“I can prescribe you with a few medicines that’ll make you go away. But it only works if Yuri takes them, how are you sure she would?” Dr. Nick asked.

“That’s why I brought him along with me. He’ll convince her, I’m sure” I looked at Jason with high hopes. He shuddered. Boy, how more grumpy could he get?  I tried to look positive; I tried to look like I’m okay with this. Truth was, I was terrified.

One day I’m here and the next day I vanish? But isn’t that how life works? One day you’re living and then next day death comes whether you like it or not. I’ve had my time in the world sharing a body with someone extraordinary like Yuri. True, we had our differences but Yuri would always be my star.

“Are you allergic to anything?” Dr. Nick scribbled down something on his prescription pad.

“No, not that I know of” I shook my head.

“I need a CT scan and a MRI” He said before giving me the prescription. “I’ve never seen a case like this before. I want to see the scan, so I’ll give you this only if in return you promise me a CT scan and a MRI today”

“You’re stubborn” I murmured after collecting the prescription from his hands.

“Gee, I wonder where he learned that from” Jason spat out sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

The following hour required me to stay still while Dr. Nick figuratively picked my brain. He wanted to see the magic he said. But what was the magic? Nothing about my existence had anything to do with magic or science. I always left it up to fate. Fate would show me why I existed but I was wrong. Fate only showed me all the reasons not to exist.

Dr. Nick told us to wait until he got the scan results back. But I didn’t want to hear how extraordinary Yuri’s brain was to create something like me. He made me sound like an object and it made me despise myself a lot more than I already did. I was told to wait in the waiting room by Jason. To my surprise he offered to buy the medicines that Dr. Nick prescribed. I guess this was it, once I take the medicines I would be gone and Yuri would get to live her life. I’ll be able to save at least one from getting destroyed.

“What are you doing here?” I snapped back into reality only to find Belle standing in front of me.

Uh Oh.

“I came here . . .” I began but she didn’t let me finish my sentence.

“If you’re here to talk to me about what happened, I don’t want to hear it” It was nice that Belle now knew to separate both me and Yuri. I don’t know how she does it but she never cease to amaze me.