Chapter Twenty Seven

Just One Request

“You’re blackmailing ME?” Whitney scoffed again. Her gaze turned into a glare. There was silence that remained between us for a minute. I stared back at her assuring her that I won’t back down as she stared at me out of curiosity.

“Well . . . Do we have a deal?” I asked folding my arms.

“Your reputation would drop as much as me if you tell the whole school about the way we kissed”

“Here’s the thing, they know me too well and I’ll make sure to tell them all the ‘sloppy ‘details. The students of this school happen to have a very vivid imagination, so I can only imagine how quickly the news would spread. Oh and don’t you worry about my reputation, I have none, that’s why I am so popular.” I shot at her.

 It felt good to play the mean girl. Yuri must be so proud of me, right now.

“Fine. I won’t tell on you. Just keep the closet incident a secret.”

Whitney’s voice turned into her fake pity voice and it nearly turned me blue. I was glad I got to Whitney in time before she went to the authorities to rat me out. I remembered my random kiss with Whitney in the bathroom, which had reached to Whitney’s parents. Poor girl had been trying for weeks to explain to her overly religious parents that she was straight and if the closet incident gets out, then Whitney is gone for good. Using that information against her wasn’t something I wanted to do. But I had to, in order to protect Yuri; I need to be reliable to her.

I made my way back home. What a day. Yuri’s mom was finally working with her clients; I’m guessing Yuri finally had managed to talk her into getting back to work and meeting clients. After Yuri’s father’s outburst, everything seemed like it was going at a slow pace. I walked inside my room and locked the door. I made a huge jump on the bed and laid on it just staring at the ceiling. I couldn’t get her out of my mind. I need to get her out of my mind. But I keep recalling Belle leaning forward to kiss me and I keep recalling that feeling I got when our lips met at the first time.

Oh Belle. My heart sang. I had already fallen for her, but I was too late. There were a million reasons why I can’t date Belle or anyone. Online dating seemed fairly reasonable; I could always do long distance. I wished I could have a long distance relationship with Belle, but given Yuri’s history with her, Belle would always ask me to choose. Something I am incapable of doing.

I tried to shake out my feelings but deep down I knew I wanted to be with Belle and only Belle. I stood up on the bed, not wanting to recall anymore memories. My focus went back to the laptop, and then I remembered I had logged onto a dating site. Realizing that I was desperately in need of a moving on phase, I decided check it out.

“Okay, let’s see” I muttered under my breath scrolling down at the possible candidates.

This was lame, and I knew it. But I was desperate; so far my attempts of moving on required more attention than helping out Yuri. Because it was affecting my behavior in ways I wish it didn’t. I stumbled across two names which caught my attention.

Britney Paynes” Her profile seemed okay. And she looked alright as well but her name was too similar to a bitch I punched in school. Whitney. That cold ass bitch!

Closing her profile, I decided to give the other girl a try. Her profile seemed nicer but her picture wasn’t up so I couldn’t quite figure out how she looked like. I sent her a request, hoping to try and communicate with her or with anyone at this point. I needed to move on and live my life happily, accepting the life I have to share with Yuri, and be grateful to be in it than not existing at all.