chapter 10

"A picnic maybe?"

"A picnic? You're not in a rom com Em, figure out something else. I've got to go, I have a date! See you later"

Chelsea's voice rings through my head as she hangs up, leaving me in my bed. It's been 2 days since me and Harry talked, and tomorrow he's coming to New York. I have no idea what kind of plans I should make with him, I don't want him to get uncomfortable in case his fans show up. I chew on my inner cheek, debating if I should text him or not. I don't want him to be bothered by me.

I sigh, grabbing my phone and opening my messages, chewing on my lip as I type in Harry's name.

To: Harry
Hey stranger! Haven't talked to you in a while, was wondering if you had any preferences on what we do Saturday? Let me know :)))

I reread the message, cringing and deleting it. Since when did I get so bad at flirting? I mean I wasn't really good at it, I usually had Chelsea as my wingwoman. Deciding to try again, I rewrite my message.

To: Harry
Hey!

No, do that again.

To: Harry
Hey. What do you want to do when we chill?

Fuck that.

To: Harry
Hiiii, plans for Saturday?

Might as well delete my whole phone. I groan and let myself fall back into my pillows, feeling slightly comforted by the cold material. I let out a huff of air, I feel like I'm back in middle school.

To: Harry
Hey, haven't talked in a while. Was thinking about Saturday, any ideas what you would wanna do? Let me know:)

I sigh and press send before I can overthink it, throwing my phone to end of the bed covering my face with my hands. "Aughhhh" I muffle scream, this is so frustrating. Worst thing is, we haven't even talked about our almost-kiss. Did he not want to? I probably made a fool out of myself so much, he won't want to meet up anymore. I sat up immediately as I heard my phone ring, scrambling around to get my phone as it got lost in my comforter.

"Aha!" I yelled, finding it.

From: Harry
Was just about to text you. Doesn't matter to me what we do, just happy to see you again.

I swear my heart burst at the second, was he trying to kill me?

To: Harry
Maybe check out a small flea market? There's a couple close to here, than you can show me those amazingggg cooking skills of yours ;)

I don't know what's gotten into me either.

From: Harry
I like the sound of that Ember. I'd love to show you my skill sets.

My smile immediately dropped, shock taking over. Are we flirting? I hesitate before texting back, my stomach feeling weird again.

To: Harry
More than just a chef AND amazingly talented musician? Hard to believe Mr. Styles

He took a second to respond, making me nervous as I pulled my knees to my chest, chewing on my bottom lip as I stared at my phone.

From: Harry
Behave Ember...

Holy fuck I think I just shit my pants.

From: Harry
Don't want to send me the wrong impression

To: Harry
What impression would that be?

I'm silently freaking out, if I didn't have crazy neighbors I would be yelling my lungs out. If that makes sense. Who am I kidding? Nothing is making sense right now.

From: Harry
You tell me

How the fuck am I supposed to respond to that? I quickly ring up Chelsea, groaning out loud when it goes to voicemail. Right now she would usually help me what to say, but I'm on my own. Fuck fuck fuckitty fuck.

To: Harry
How about I show you instead?

It was the only thing that could come to mind.... might have fucked my self a bit here.

From: Harry
I'd be honored, see you soon Em

And that was that. I think. I didn't respond. I couldn't, what did I just get myself into??

——————

Waking up, I heard knocks on my door. I swear for a brief second I thought Harry would be on the other side, not knowing if was relief or disappointment that Chelsea had showed up. "Hey" I said, moving aside to let her in. "How was you date?" She smiled at me, sitting down on my bed closing her eyes as if she was reminiscing. "Oh my god Em, it was amazing! He was sooo sweet, put out on the first date."

I frowned, sitting down next to her. "That's sweet?" She nodded while moving to lay her head in my lap. "Got me off too. You see, most guys would just get themselves off and not care about the girl, but he was nice."

"The bar seems a bit low doesn't it?" I ask, watching her play with my fingers. She shrugged looking back at me, "Guy ever get you off?"

I stayed quiet, biting the inside of my cheek. "Ember?" she repeated, thinking I didn't hear her, I looked away as she sat up, eyes wide. "Ember."

"I don't know okay?!" I yelled out, face palming myself in embarrassment. "I've never... did that before"

"Holy fuck your a virgin?"

I looked back at her, "What? No! I've just never.. you know. Had an orgasm." I said the last part a bit quieter, it's a little embarrassing. "What?" I groaned, laying on my back staring at the ceiling. "I think I'm defective."

Chelsea hopped down next to me, "You're not defective baby, men just don't know anything about sex. They think they do, but not really." I turned to stay back at her, pouting. "You think so?"

She nodded, a smile evident on her face. "Yes."

"Okay."

"Maybe Harry can get you off"

I dropped my jaw, staring at her. "Chelsea!" I yelled, hitting her arm. "What what? I'm just saying it how it is! It's obvious your not little kids anymore, why not have a little reunion sex?"

I groaned, pulling her up. "Get out, I need to freak out alone" I said with a smile, but I was serious. She held her hands up in defense "Okay okay, text me tomorrow" She said, walking out the door squinting with her pointer finger at me.

"I will!"

I closed the door, closing my eyes too. This is going to be a disaster.