chapter 18

Pancakes. Crepes maybe? And oh... the sweet sweet smell of strawberry jam. I flutter open my eyes, taking a second to realize I'm not at home in New York. I sit up and wipe the sleep away from my eyes, stretching my arms as I sat on the couch. I shake a bit, realizing how cold it is. I look down to see a sweater on the table, folded and neat. Looking around I check to see if Harry, Anne or Gemma are around, but no one is in the living room.

I breath out and shiver again, fuck it. I grabbed the sweater and threw it on, feeling better right away.

I pushed my hands through my hair, getting rid of the ponytail I had put it in last night, letting my hair fall down my shoulders

I pushed my hands through my hair, getting rid of the ponytail I had put it in last night, letting my hair fall down my shoulders. Rubbing my hands together I made my way to the kitchen, my nose leading the way.

I saw Anne standing by the stove, flipping pancakes. "Good morning" I smiled, wrapping my arms around my self, the tile still cold on my covered feet. "Oh hello love, I didn't think you would be up for a couple more hours!" I smiled as she went in for a hug, rubbing her hands up and down my back in an attempt to warm me.

"Oh the good smell woke me up" She pulled back at put some pancakes on a plate, spreading syrup on it handing it to me. "In case you'd like some" I took it gladly, heading to the counter across from her taking a couple of bites of the food. "This is really good" I mumbled, covering my mouth with my hand.

She chuckled, glancing at me for a moment. "I see your wearing the jumper Harry laid out for you" She said not facing me, but I could hear the smile in her voice. "Yeah, it's pretty cold." I shifted, "Where is Harry?"

She turned around, eating her own plate. "He's out getting some groceries for tonight" She said, smiling.

"Tonight?"

"Yeah, we're having a small get together with friends! He didn't tell you?" I shook my head in confusion, "Not that I remember" Anne shrugged, her phone ringing in the other room. She excused herself to get it, as I pulled my own from my sweatpants.

To: Harry
Small get together?

It took him a couple minutes to reply, as I anxiously sat in my chair eating food. Not much has changed.

From: Harry
Oops, I didn't tell you?

I rolled my eyes, pursing my lips to fight a smile.

To: Harry
Nope... don't think ya did

From: Harry
Hmmm weird hope you brought nice clothes

I rolled my eyes and placed my phone down, feeling my cheeks turn hot as I placed the plate in the sink almost running into Anne. "Sorry!" I yelled out, catching her arms. "Oh no worries" She chuckled, "The get together is at 15:00, you have about two hours to get ready love"

I nodded and walked upstairs to the guest bedroom Harry said I could use even though I fell asleep on the couch last night. I carried my baggage the the second floor, placing it on the bed. I shuffled through all my clothes, hoping to find something good enough to wear. I had no idea we would do something with other people, I expected to stay home most of the time or go on walks or to the studio once in a while with Harry.

That means I didn't bring... the nicest clothes.

I sighed, sitting on the bed frustrated with my inability to pack properly. I heard a door open downstairs, followed by voices. Once voice in particular.

I hurried back down the stairs, seeing Harry's hands full of grocery bags. "Hey Em!" He yelled out, smiling as he saw me wearing his sweater he had put out. "Hey, need any help?" I offered, but he shook his head "This is all, got it. You getting ready for the party?" He asked placing the bags down on the counter as Anne put everything away.

"Uhm, yeah I guess" I shuffled my feet around on the ground, looking around. "You guess?" He asked, leaning against the counter, "Well I didn't really bring any clothes for 'get togethers'" He nodded, grabbing my hands and pulling me upstairs, "Harry what are you-"

"I thought you might have not brought anything for the party, so I got you something" He pulled me into his room, "Wait, party? I thought it was a get together" He shrugged, "Same thing"

It's not, but sure.

I chuckled seeing all of his old clothes in the closet, "Your room barely changed" I said looking around, "Yeah, since I moved to my own place mum's kept everything the same." I nodded, sitting on his bed as he pulled out something from the closet, handing it to me.

"Go try it on, I want to see how it looks" I shot him a look, raising my eyebrow but still heading to the attached bathroom and closing the door behind me.

I looked in the mirror and walked out, seeing Harry turn around, his mouth opening slightly

I looked in the mirror and walked out, seeing Harry turn around, his mouth opening slightly. "Wow" I cringed, "Oh god do I look bad? Maybe I should just throw something on that I brought-" I get cut off with Harry's lips on my own, his arms pulling my waist close to him. He kissed me with passion, roughly and walked us towards the wall, my back hitting it as he kissed me harder. He caught me by surprise, this was the last thing I expected him to do.

Our lips molded together perfectly, a small moan slipping out when he moved down towards my neck, sucking on my pulse point.

He pulled back, both of us breathing heavier. "Shit- sorry" He said, taking me in again and brushing my hair behind my ear. "Sorry? I think I should be thanking you" I whispered, hearing him chuckle softly as our foreheads connected. "You look beautiful" He said, pulling back and kissing my lips again, soft and tender this time.

"I do?" He nodded, "Of course you do" I stepped back to look at the mirror against the wall, liking what I see.

"It won't be too cold?"

He shook his head, "We're staying inside, don't have to worry about that, Love" I nodded smiling, my breath still a little heavy from the kiss.

This week is going to crazy.