chapter 76

Harry had sent a car to pick me up, driving me to his house in London. I saw a small moving truck parked outside as I stepped out of the car, tipping the driver and walking to the door.

I moved my balance back and forth on my feet as I knocked, hearing shuffling inside as the door opened. Harry looked a bit in disarray, his hair messy as he was in boxers and an untied robe. His eyebrows curved in relief as he saw me, "You came"

"I said I would"

I tightened my grip on my bag as I cleared my throat, a breathy laugh leaving my throat when he moved to the side to let me in. I stepped inside and saw two boxes by the door labeled "Harry's things"

"Got everything ready, wanted to leave early to surprise you" He said behind me, the door shutting. I turned around and gasped slightly as I almost ran into his bare chest, looking up at him.

"You wanted to surprise me?" He nodded, and I smiled sadly. "You did surprise me Harry"

I didn't want to assume who the person in the pictures were, but my mind couldn't help but wonder.

A hurt look on his face appeared as he brought me to the couch, "I know what it looks like"

This is sounding familiar.

"But I swear to you Ember, it's not what you think."

I looked down at my hands that were resting in my lap, "What was it?"

A slight sigh escaped him as he spoke, "I can't- I can't tell you. Not yet at least." My heart broke a bit and I looked up, meeting his eyes. "Why?" I cringed when I heard my voice break, I hated feeling vulnerable like this.

His eyes softened and he cupped my cheek, I found myself leaning into his touch. "Please just trust me baby." I squeezed my eyes shut and took a breath, shaking my head.

"Can you tell me who that was?"

He seemed to be at a battle with himself, breaking my heart even more. His words failed him, or he didn't try. I took a deep breath and nodded, accepting his answer, grabbing my bag and standing up, heading to the door.

As soon as I stood up he did the same, reaching his hand out to me but I stopped him.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a broken voice.

"I don't know, a hotel maybe?"

"How long?"

"Until you can give me an answer Harry, any answer. Just please let it be the truth" I stood in front of him, praying he would just tell me. But he stayed silent and didn't say anything, his eyes frantically roaming around the place as if he was looking for something.

"Okay, Harry." I said, turning around and walking out of the door, and calling a taxi.

As I waited Harry never came out of the house, and I never looked back.

I didn't assume, I didn't yell, I stayed calm and he still couldn't tell me. I just wanted the truth, that's the only thing I want.

Is that too much to ask for?

The taxi arrived and I grabbed the door handle,
stopping when I heard the door open behind me.

"Ember wait!"

I shut my eyes and felt my heart ache as I asked the cab driver to give me a second, thanking him when he nodded. I turned around and looked at Harry in desperation.

"Harry I cannot do this with you! All I want is the truth and-" He shut me up by pressing his lips on mine, holding my jaw with his hands firmly and it seemed as if he put all into this kiss. As if he would never see me again.

He pulled back leaving me breathless as the world seemed to spin, my eyes adjusted to the light that suddenly suddenly seemed brighter and saw Harry above me.

"Meet me at the restaurant okay?"

I furrowed my brows and shook my head in confusion as I held his wrist as his hand stayed on my jaw softly. "Harry what-"

"I'll explain everything okay? Just please meet me there at 7:30 tonight" Before I got the opportunity to disagree he nodded and kissed me on the forehead quickly, racing back inside leaving me standing in his driveway.

I turned around a bit shocked and stepped into the taxi, the driver looking at me. "Where to miss?"

"Uhm- just the closest hotel please."