chapter 77

Getting ready in the hotel was a bit more difficult than planned, my point being I wasn't expecting to be getting ready.

I rummaged through my things and groaned realizing I had nothing that could come close to restarting attire. Why am I putting in so much effort? He's the man I love after all, even if my heart is fearing the worst.

I headed downstairs to the lobby to shop through the small shops they had, finding a dress store. I walked in, feeling my stomach churn at the price tags as I passed them. I went through all of the racks to find the cheapest dress I could find, sighing as I saw the sequence filled hot pink dress was 719$.

I may be cheap but I'm not dumb.

If I wanted a quality dress I wasn't going to have to pay for it, I went through another rack and stopped when a dark red dress with white detailed flowers showed up in front of me.

I bit my lip as I saw the price tag.

$1058.99

I guess my savings are there for a reason? I sighed and debated the purchase as I held out the dress in front of me, I hadn't bought something this much in a while, it's not like it would bankrupt me.

But what if things don't go well tonight and I have to find my own apartment?

My heart hurt at the thought of not waking up to Harry in the mornings anymore.

Fuck it, either way I should be allowed to treat myself once in a while.

I made up my mind and took the dress off the hanger, bringing it to the cashier and smiling a hello.

"Find everything okay?" She asked, scanning the item as I tapped my fingers against my leg, holding my card in the other. "Yeah, nice store."

She hummed a response, "1065, cash or card?" I cleared my throat and handed her my card, praying it won't get declined. As the machine beeped I let out a small sigh of relief and thanked her as she handed me back my card and the dress in a bag.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" I yelled out as I walked back, heading upstairs to try on the dress. As I walked out of the elevator I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Chelsea.

I bit my lip and answered, "Hey, what's up" I heard her breath on the other end as she said a hello, "Hey, you're in London right now, right?" I took out my key and unlocked my hotel room, stepping inside and closing the door behind me.

"Yeah, why?"

"I kind of need to talk to you" I frowned and sat on my bed, taking off my shoes. "What's up? Everything okay? Is Mason bothering you?" I really hope he isn't, I can't help her from across the world. She chuckled slightly on the phone but I could tell she was a bit wound up.

"No no, it's not that. It's... well it's about you."

"About me?"

"Yeah.. I don't think you should meet up with Harry tonight, Ember."

What did she just say? I frowned and pushed my eyebrows together, trying to figure out if I heard her right. "I'm sorry?" She stuttered on the other end and sighed, "I don't mean to be rude, it's just I don't think it's a good idea. You'll get hurt!"

I had texted Chelsea about how I was meeting Harry at dinner in an hour or so, not hearing a response from her until now. Why was she saying this?

Lately it's like she wanted me and Harry to break up.

But... she didn't. Right?

"What are you talking about? I haven't even heard his side of the story"

"You're not good together, Em"

I stood up and scoffed, starting to pace around my hotel room as I felt my pulse race. "You've got to be kidding me right? We're not good together? Chelsea he's the first guy I've met who hasn't treated me like absolute shit, you know how much I love him and how good he is to me and then you say this to me?"

I couldn't believe her right now.

"Ember that's not-"

"No Chelsea, leave it. I've got to get ready."

"Wait just hold on a minu-" I hung up on her and shook my head, pinching the bridge of my nose with my pointer and thumb as I felt a head ache coming on. I rolled my shoulders back to loosen them up, stretching my neck by moving it side to side and grabbing the bag with my clothes in it.

I went to the bathroom and grabbed a pair of heels that I had thrown in my baggage, I pulled off my shirt and jeans, throwing them on the floor besides me. I took a deep breath and pulled off the price tag, throwing it in the trash and putting the dress on, then the heels.

I looked up in the mirror, seeing myself like the first time again.

It accentuated me perfectly, the heels giving me a good height

It accentuated me perfectly, the heels giving me a good height. My hair was resting in my shoulders as I smiled again for the first time in a few days. Worry had me stressing out so much I didn't really do anything else.

I did my makeup, not doing much but still looking good. My confidence was back as I grabbed my small purse and walked downstairs. I had called a cab and given them the address to the restaurant, arriving 20 minutes later.

I stepped out of the car and walked to the hostess, "Hello, do you have a reservation?"

I hesitated a bit and looked around, not seeing Harry anywhere. I felt my stomach twist and turn, the fear taking over that he had stood me up.

"Miss?"

Right. I stepped forward a bit and nodded, "Actually I'm meeting someone here, I'm not sure if he's here already" She tapped a few buttons and her screen then looked at me again realization hitting her face.

"Are you Ember Evergreen?" She said, and my eyebrows shot up and pushed together in confusion and shock.

"Yes- how did you-"

"Right this way ma'am."

I followed her after a second, seeing her walk to the same room me and Harry had sat in that first time. My breath hitched in my throat as I saw the familiar head of brown curls sit in one of the booths.

Here goes nothing.

Authors note:

Hi!! I'm really sorry for not updating for like five days, I had to take a short break but everything's good now. :))