Chapter 91

I took a deep breath, realizing he hasn't seen me and Harry yet. "Ember come on, we should go." Harry said, his hand on my shoulder squeezing encouragingly. He's right, I shouldn't let myself fall into another one of these.... things. I nodded and turned around, feeling my heart almost burst out of my chest.

We put our things in the cart, Harry starting to walk off without me when I heard the cashier yell out that we forgot our receipt. Harry didn't hear so I was forced to stop, turning around and taking a step to grab it from her. I couldn't help myself when I looked his way, and for a split second, his eyes met
mine. I felt the air get sucked out of my lungs, desperately trying to regain it but panicking when it seemed like there was none.

I saw Mason's eyes darken as he saw me, the neutrality of his face switching to the dominant and scary man who I used to be stuck with. My hands shook slightly as I grabbed the receipt, thanking the cashier and trying to get out of there as fast as possible.

I heard some shuffling behind me but ignored it as I caught up to Harry. The interaction was only a second or two, but for some reason it felt like I'd been stuck there for hours.

What's wrong with me?

My chest felt so tight as I desperately tried to breathe, my legs feeling like they'd give out from under me any second now. My throat was closing up as my panic grew. I felt like a victim in a horror movie, that feeling where someone unstoppable will
happen and you can do nothing to stop it. I tried to catch up to Harry, but it seemed like he was only walking further and further.

I was gasping for air by now, the small piece of paper in my hand crumbled as the room spun around me. I continued to walk, crying out as my feet were stuck to the floor, I looked down at my useless legs and let out a loud breath.

I looked behind me and saw Mason paying for his things, a small smirk on his face as his eyes stayed on me. I squeezed my eyes shut as all my memories flooded into my head.

"What are you doing?" I cried out, my voice quiet as he stood tall over me, his blue eyes that I used to fall into deep as black now.

"I saw you with him, you whore!" His grip on my shoulders grew tighter, making me whimper in pain. He used to stop when he heard any response from me and realized what he was doing, he didn't seem to care this time. "I wasn't with anybody, Mason. I was just having a nice time with my friends."

"You were dancing with some random dick in the bar." He pushed, pulling me towards him and slamming me back into the wall behind me, my head hitting it with the rest of my body. I shut my eyes and gasped as the air left my chest, trying my best to keep up with him.

"I didn't dance.... with anybody" I say between gasps of air, "He just happened to come up to me-" My head jerked to the side, followed by a shark sting of pain on the left side of my face. My vision blurred slightly as I tried to look back at him but saw his fist instead, the contact so hard I fell to the floor; my hands barely reacting in time to catch me.

"Please- I'm sorry!"

"I'll let you out when you learn to stop fucking lying." He spit, walking out of the bedroom and closing the door. I sobbed in defeat as I heard the small click of the lock from outside.

As I sat up on my knees I moved my hand up to my face, my brows furrowing together in pain at the small touch.

I crawled and rested against the wall, pulling my knees to my chest and sobbing quietly, my whole body in pain and disbelief.

How did I let it get to this point?

I flinched when I heard banging against the door, the sound of his fist hitting the thin wood filling the room.

"Ember." He said sternly, growing frustrated when I didn't answer. "Ember!" A pause. "Ember, open this fucking door or I swear to God I will-"

"Ember" The voice pulled me back to reality, my eyes growing wide as I saw Harry in front of my with concern written all over is face. I blinked a few times, feeling tears run down my cheek as I did. "H-Harry?" I asked, my voice cracking as I looked around me, tons of strangers staring at me like I was crazy.

I went to move when I realized I was on the floor, my back against the wall, my knees to my chest. I looked back at Harry who looked as confused as he did worried. "How did I- I don't understand." I start rambling.

"I was just- how long did I black out? Where is- Mason was just here- is he still?" I looked around frantically, searching for the cruel face as I felt warm hands on my own. Harry brought my focus on him, his eyes staring deep into my own.

"Ember," He started, his voice grounding me immediately. "Take a deep breath for me, okay?" He asked, and I nodded. I inhaled slowly, his chest rising with mine as he did it with me. After a second I let it out, my eyes shutting softly as I suddenly felt exhausted.

"Better?" Harry asked and I opened them again, nodding a bit. "Come on, love." He grabbed my hands and helped me up, his hand on my waist as he held the cart with his other, bringing us to the car.

I looked back as we did, seeing Mason resting on the side of his car, a satisfied smile on his face.