chapter 14

Traffic was crazy, crowds were rowdy, and my anxiety was high. I was getting nervous and my stomach was doing flips, my brain was screaming at me to get out of there. But I couldn't. I told Harry I would be here, I'm not just going to leave.

The tickets got us in through security, but since there were no actual seats, finding a good place was hell. It was a small building, not like the stadium where I first saw him a few weeks ago. There was a stage in the main room, and the rest of the room was filled with teenage girls. Chelsea had to fight her way to the front, dragging me along with her.

She held my hand as we walked to the front, stepping and bumping into people who ended up getting pissed at me since Chelsea was already ahead and I was the next best person. Surprisingly we made it to the front without getting decked in the face, just in time too, because the lights had started to dim. Spotlights shined on stage, and the noise was so loud I was scared my ear drums were going to burst.

The small curtain moved to the side and Harry stepped out, the screaming got louder, which I didn't think could happen at this point. When he started singing it quieted down, but many were singing along with him. He looked through the crowd, catching my eye and smiling, I smiled brightly back sending him a thumbs up.

He winked and continued scanning the crowd, girls going crazy over the small gesture. "Did he just wink at you?" A girl tapped me on the shoulder, looking in awe. I simply shrugged my shoulders, turning back to listen to Harry when she tapped me again, pulling out her phone and showing me a picture. "Is this you? You look so familiar?" My eyebrows pushed together in confusion as she handed me her phone and I zoomed into the picture.

It was me and Harry running back to my apartment the day we first got together, "Where did you get this?" I yelled over the music, I leant down so she could talk in my ear. "Paparazzi photos, got released a few days ago!" she said, Chelsea had become aware of the conversation, "Did you see any paps there that day?" she asked, her hand finding my shoulder as my breathing started to pick up. The girl looked at me as I shook my head fast, concern in her eyes. "I'm sorry- did I say something I shouldn't have?"

Chelsea shook her head, kindly smiling at her. "No babe, you didn't do anything wrong. She just gets a bit nervous sometimes that's all, you go have fun I'll take care of her, yeah?" The girl looked at me again before nodding, "Sorry" she said, seeming remorseful and went back to her group of friends when Chelsea turned me to face her. "You didn't see them?" I shook my head fast again, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I feel super violated.

Me and Harry were supposed to be having a nice day alone and some random guy just totally got in our business!

"I didn't even hear any camera or anything" I knew Chelsea felt bad, but I didn't want to ruin this day for her. I took her hands off my shoulders and smiled.

"I'm okay Chels, we're here to support Harry remember?" She stared at me for a second, obviously surprised I was able to calm down so quickly without her help.

She nodded and turned around, starting to get into the music again. Only Angel was playing, her favorite song, which helped a lot.

Too be fair, the only thing that really calmed me down was the idea of talking to Harry after this.

After the song finished Harry unplugged his guitar, glancing at me for a few seconds before speaking into the mic.

"How are you guys tonight? We alright?"

The crowd yelled at the top of their lungs, Harry laughing at their respond. "Good good, the next song I'm playing for you is called Sweet Creature" a rupture of noise came on before he could continue, "I wrote it for a friend, who coincidentally is here tonight" he said, staring right at me.

Normally eye contact scares the shit out of me, but right now I couldn't look away even if I tried.

Music started playing as he started singing the lyrics I had listened to hundreds of times ever since I heard it the first time. It seemed so long ago, but it was not a few weeks.

His eyes barely left mine as the song continued, Chelsea bumping into me as we sung along. He seemed to look a bit surprised that I knew all the lyrics, and I know for a fact he's going to bring it up later.

I smile, reminiscing in this feeling. No worries. No rent. No money problems. No wondering if I'll be able to pay for dinner.

No bad days.

Just Harry, Harry made me feel calm. Safe. Happy.

I had missed him, a lot.

Although we haven't talked or caught up in almost a decade, it really did seem like we've been best friends forever.