chapter 51

"Green?" Chelsea said besides Mason, giving me a look. I swallowed my words, the lump in my throat growing bigger by the second. "Yeah, I know her" He said, his tone accusing.

I felt faint, knowing if I were to get up and leave I wouldn't make it out the door. "What?" Chelsea's tone grew a bit cold towards me, looking at me for an explanation.

"Erm- Mason and I.. we used to date" I said, ashamed at my words. Being with him tore me down completely, and seeing him will do it all over again.

"You did? You never told me about this." She said, and I felt Harry look at me, but not the same way Chelsea was. "Yeah, we dated a few years ago. We didn't know each other back then Chelsea." I couldn't keep my eyes off of Mason, his smile reminded me of the terrifying one I used to run from.

"I told you about Ember, you didn't say you knew her, babe" Chelsea said, her face dropping as Mason told her to stop asking questions.

The waitress came to take our orders, Harry ordering for me as I continued to feel his eyes on me. When Chelsea went to order Mason cut her off, telling the waitress to give her a water and when she face him a questioning look he told her she needed to keep some weight off. My heart broke a little bit for her, knowing she was insecure about her body although she never showed it.

After a couple minutes of awkward silence Chelsea sighed, "Mason, can I talk to you real quick?" He nodded, keeping his gaze on me as they slid out of the booth.

As soon as they walked out to the patio I let out a sigh of relief, some weight coming off of my shoulders.

"Ember" Harry started, going to touch my cheek as I jerked my body away from him. He froze, not expecting my reaction, "Please don't do that, I would never hurt you" He said, despair in his voice.

I kept my head down, not wanting to cry in the middle of this restaurant.

"Please look at me"

I mustered up the courage to face Harry, seeing his worried eyes. "It's him isn't it?" I furrowed my brows, "What?" He cupped my cheek softly, his shoulders relaxing when I leaned in. "The reason you flinched a last night. The reason you won't have sex. What did he do to you Ember?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, shaking my head not wanting to talk about it.

He sighed and kissed the top of my forehead, "We'll leave yeah? I'll find an excuse"

I didn't fight him, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. When Chelsea and Mason came back Harry and I stood up, I saw a confused look on Chelsea. "Hey, I just got a phone call from my publicist. She needs to talk to Ember and I regarding some paparazzi photos that have gotten out, thanks so much for inviting us. Rain check?"

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it a few times, stroking his thumb over my knuckles. Chelsea let out a frustrated sigh, looking at me "Seriously Em? This is important to me. You can't stay while Harry goes?" The thought of the three of us made me nauseas, and I shook my head slightly not being able to talk.

"You can't answer for yourself? I was there for you with Harry, be here for me with Mason!" She whined, making me feel terrible.

I tilted my head a bit "Chelsea, it's not that I don't support you or am never here for you. It's just, me and Mason don't exactly have the best past okay?" She shook her head, not accepting my answer, "No no, you said you dated years ago. That should matter now"

Trauma lasts a while Chelsea.

I shut my mouth, reaching for her arm but she flung it away, squinting her eyes at me. "Come on Mason, let's go" She pulled Mason away and walked out of the door, my heart sinking.

Harry sighed and grabbed a 50 from his pocket, leaving it on the table and walking with me out of the other exit towards our car.

As we closed the doors I rested my head against the rest, sighing deeply. "You okay?" I shook my head, "You want to talk about it?"

I faced Harry, my eyes heavy.

"Just take me home please."