chapter 15

The rest of the concert was amazing, I knew most of the songs he sung, Chelsea right by my side. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Harry, he was magnetic. It was like he owned the stage the minute he walked on it, 30 minutes later he performed his last song of the night. "This next one is called Carolina"

I had never heard it before, the melody was catchy, but what really caught me off guard were the lyrics.

"She's got a book for every situation
Gets into parties without invitations
How could you ever turn her down?
There's not a drink that I think could sink her
How would I tell her that she's all I think about?
Well, I guess she just found out"

I had to listen hard to make out the words, my heart wincing a bit when I heard them correctly. I didn't know exactly how to react, I kind of just stood there, watching him sing. I know this might seem a bit dramatic but it was almost like he was avoiding eye contact. When he finished the song he thanked everyone for coming and wished us a goodnight, glancing at me for a second before leaving the stage.

The crowd died down and people started to leave, I watched as Chelsea checked her bag to make sure she had everything when she looked at me. "You okay?" I nodded, running my hand through my now frizzy hair. "Who was Carolina about?" I asked, scared for the answer. I saw the top corners of Chelsea's lips turn up before she smiled, "Aw, baby are you jealous?" She asked, and I frowned, turning around to make my way outside. She laughed loudly and reached for my arm pulling me towards her as we walked with our arms intertwined.

"Don't worry, the song came out with his first album. Super long ago." I nodded, but pulled out my phone, typing in the song name and the name 'Townes'. Chelsea saw what I was doing and scoffed, before looking at me again with a more motherly look. "I don't think you should snoop Ember"

I shook my head sending her a look as we walked outside to the cool air, which was nice compared to the humid air inside. "I'm not snooping I'm just... investigating?" Chelsea smiled, "I'm pretty sure that's worse, but come on let's find the car." As we walked through the parking lot, my mood gradually got worse. I found interview quotes and moments about Harry talking about Townes.

I found the lyric analysis and worse, I found her instagram.

Fuck she was gorgeous.

Now, I'm usually not the jealous type. But who wouldn't be if this girl was your competition? I bet she was super nice too, that bitch. We drove back home when I got a text from Harry.

From: Harry
Hey, thought you would come backstage after this show. Can I come over?

I bit down on the inside of my cheek, listening the the radio as I replied.

To: Harry
Sorry, I didn't know I could. Yeah you can come over, I'm almost home anyways :)

He didn't reply when Chelsea pulled into her driveway, saying goodbye as we switched seats and I drove back home. As I got inside to my apartment I was surprised to see Harry sitting at my door. I slowed my steps seeing him crouch on the floor, his head shooting up when he heard me. He was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a brown hoodie, after show attire I'm guessing.

"Harry? How did you get here so quick?" I asked, slowly moving towards him to unlock my door as he stood up. "Might have gone a bit over the speed limit" he chuckled, the air seemed thick around us, but fragile at the same time. I nodded, unlocking the door and letting him in first.