Chapter 96

"There she is" Harry said, and for some reason there was pride in his voice as he handed me a small cup of tea, my mom looking in between us. "I have some errands to run, but I'll be back soon I promise. Take care of her, Harry." She said and he nodded, taking my mom's place as she left.

Finny came up to him and rubbed her head against his chest, settling down in his lap as he stroked her gently, his gaze on me as I stared at the tea in my hands.

"How are you feeling?" I sighed and avoided his eyes, humming a small response and taking a sip. I didn't know what to say to him, if I'm ever in this situation the men I'm with always leave before it gets too bad.

No one's ever stayed.

I couldn't get myself to say words to him, instead I moved closer and pulled my knees to my chest, resting my head on his shoulder as I felt him take a sharp breath. The last few days Harry had always been the one to initiate touch, whether it was him kissing my forehead and cheek in greetings or goodbyes. But I never came too close to him, which I knew was killing him.

He hesitated before grabbing the mug from my hands, placing it on the floor and softly moving Finny away from his lap which earned him a loud meow.

To my surprise he ignored the big cat, lifting my head from his shoulder and slowly turning his body towards me as I watched with curious eyes as to what he was doing. He took a short breath, his eyes filled with worry and love, making my chest ache. He opened his mouth to say something, shutting them after a second, the silence deafening.

He moved his hands upwards to cup my face and I felt myself lean into the touch, a sigh of relief leaving him as soon as I did. I closed my eyes to take in the feeling, not realizing how much I had missed him.

"Ember" Harry said with a low shaky voice, breaking the silence. I hummed a yes, looking up towards him. His eyes were hooded as he looked in my own, "Can I kiss you... please?" He said, my heart melting at the caution in his voice.

I couldn't help a small smile break onto my face, his eyes lighting up at it as he chuckled softly, leaning down to meet my eyes. I nodded, "Yes Harry, you can kiss me" i said, slight humor in my voice. He smiled brightly and moved forward, my eyes opening quickly as I stopped him.

He opened his own in panic, "Shit- Ember. I'm sorry, did I do something wrong? I didn't mean to-" I shook my head and let out a loud laugh at his panic. "No no, Harry. I just- I have to go brush my teeth." I said, feeling a bit awkward as I hadn't found the strength to get up and do anything productive the last few days.

He nodded with a smirk and grabbed my hand, pulling me up off the bed and towards the bathroom Finny following right behind us. I watched as he wet my toothbrush, putting some toothpaste on it and doing the same to his and he handed me it.

I hesitated and he pushed the toothbrush to my mouth softly, and I looked at him through the mirror as we brushed out teeth together. It felt so domestic, yet so natural for us.

We both rinsed our mouths and placed our toothbrushes in the holder. I turned towards him, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him towards me.

As soon as I did time seemed to stop, everything moving in slow motion as his hooded eyes closed, the air being filled by his sharp gasp as our lips smashed against each other. The sudden move was followed by sharp sparks of electricity, moving from my lips into my bones, making me feel alive again. Making me feel like I have a purpose, something I haven't felt in days. I felt the tip of his tongue tease my bottom lip, a small smile creeping on my face as I let him in.

A few minutes into the heated kiss he pulled back, making me almost whine from the loss of contact. Harry chuckled when he saw my needy expression, taking a breath before talking. "Can I try something?" I looked up at Harry, wondering what he could mean, but nodded.

He moved away from me and closed the door behind us after ushering Finny out of the bathroom, my heart picking up a bit.

I never liked locked bathrooms.

His face softened as soon as he saw my panicked expression, rushing up to me and kissing my forehead.

"We can stop anytime, you just tell me if you want to leave Ember, okay? Can you do that for me, Darling?" Harry said, his eyes looking deep into mine for reassurance that I was okay with this.

"Yes, okay. I trust you."

He nodded and walked to the shower, opening the glass door and turning the water on. He then walked to the closet and pulled out a small wash towel, placing it in the shower and looked back to me.

He closed the space between us and tugged the bottom of my shirt, or his shirt that I had had on. I nodded, motioning to him that he could take it off. He smiled softly and pulled it off me, my arms raising and dropping. He grabbed my hands and put them on his chest, his hands over mine. He sighed as soon as he felt my touch, my heart jumping at how much I affected him.

He cleared his throat and led my hands down to the bottom of his own shirt, moving away as I realized what he meant and took his shirt off for him.

I looked over his body, eyeing his muscles and tattoos on his torso, my eyes stopping at one I hadn't seen before. My eyes squinted as I looked closer, my heart stopping at the small spot of ink on his body.

I looked back up towards him, a kiddy smile on his face as he saw my shocked expression.

"Harry- you didn't" I said with a wide smile, but still not believing it. He nodded and moved his weight to one leg and showed me the tattoo.

It was placed on the right side of his body on his ribs, a small E written on it. What shocked me more was a drawn smiley face next to it, the memory rushing in my head.

It was a short drive until we saw the driveway for the small cafe, Harry holding the door open for me. I curtsied playfully making him laugh as we walked in, a nice waitress brought us to a booth at the end, giving us menus.

I looked around, admiring the hundreds of pictures and newspapers framed all over the walls. Behind us was a big chalkboard, covered in random drawings and signatures. I bit my bottom lip and looked around, seeing a small basket of chalk on our table, I grabbed one as Harry watched me sign my name on the chalkboard with a smiley face.

I placed it back down proudly and looked at him as he raised a brow, I smiled and squinted slightly at him as he grabbed a piece of his own chalk, walking besides me and leaning down adding a + and writing his signature.

Ember Evergreen :) + Harry Styles x