chapter 75

Harry had called me 7 times in the last hour.

Each time he called me I ignored it,
pacing around the living room and scolding myself for looking at the paparazzi pictures. My mind was coming up with hundreds of scenarios and answering the phone would make one of them true.

I mean my mom wasn't even on my side, she acted like it was nothing! I called sick for work, knowing not much was going to happen since Owen wouldn't be there anyways.

I chewed on my bottom lip hearing Finny's claws on tap on the floor as she followed me around the house, I heard my phone ring again and groaned in frustration, rushing to it and seeing Harry's name again.

I hesitated before answering, putting it up to my ear.

"Ember?"

I shut my eyes at the sound of his voice, my heart aching a bit as I feared what he would say next. "Hi Harry" I heard something that sounded like a sigh of relief from the other side, and some scrambling. "I've been calling you all day" He said, but not in an accusing tone, more like a worried one.

"I know, I'm sorry I didn't pick up."

"You don't have to apologize"

I didn't say anything and the phone stayed silent as it grew a bit awkward, Harry clearing his throat. "So, I got your voice message."

"Yeah I saw your text."

"Right."

"Mhm"

Just get on with it already. I took a breath and forced the words that were stuck in my throat, "Chelsea sent me a link last night, and before I say anything I want you to know I usually never check any gossip or celebrity sights it's just-"

"It wasn't a date" He interrupt me, my breath hitched in my throat as I stopped. "What?"

"If... if you think it was a date. It wasn't, you don't have to believe me but that's the truth I promise."

My heart aches at his words, I had heard 'I promise' so many times before, each time it getting broken.

"Listen just- come to London okay?"

I frowned and furrowed my brows, "Harry what? I can't come to London"

"Baby trust me on this, I need you to come here okay?" I bit my lip as I was in a mental battle with myself, I had no idea what to do.

"Give me a reason." I spoke up, sitting up from the couch and walking around, Finny meowing and me for leaving her side.

"What?"

"Just please give me a reason Harry. Any reason." I needed to make sure I wasn't doing a mistake, giving my heart to him if he was going to break it.

"I love you. That's my reason Ember, I'm not sure I can offer anything more than that."

I felt my heart ache as I listened to his desperate tone, shutting my eyes and looking back to all the memories I wish I could have bottled up and kept for myself forever.

"Okay. I'll come."

"Really?" He seemed surprised at my agreement, but didn't argue. "Yes"

"Okay. I'll get you a plane ticket, I love you Ember."

"I love you too Harry" I just hope I was doing the right thing.

An hour later Harry sent me a ticket for early in the morning, and I couldn't believe how impulsive this was.

I packed a bunch of random clothes and shoved them in my backpack, the flight was leaving in six hours and I was about to shit my pants.

I'm not joking.

After four hours of debate, anxiety, and overthinking I decided to leave for the airport. Leaving extra food for Finny since I wouldn't be gone for more than two days, leaving a text to Chelsea so she could check up on her once in a while with a spare key I left under the doormat.

I drove with my hands tight on the steering wheel as I pulled into the parking lot of the airport.

I was the only one there without multiple suitcases, just a small bag on my shoulder and my identification. Security was easy and my boarding class was called soon.

As I sat in my seat my leg continued to bounce up and down, not knowing what the next 24 hours had in store for me.

Please please please, let me be making the right choice.

Authors note:

We're getting somewhere guys gals and non-binary pals;)

Also check out '432' ! Nervous about what you guys think about it and ALSO thank you for like almost 80k reads! that's so fucking crazy and insane and i'm so honored that your reading my story out of like thousands of others, I LOVE YOU ALL