chapter 79

We decided not to get anything to eat just yet, our drinks keeping us content. I looked back at Harry who had a hint of a smile on his lips as well. "You were saying?" I teased slightly, leaning forward on my elbows. His eyes grazed over me and he coughed to cover up his focus on my cleavage.

Even now, his subtle looks made my skin hot.

But the air changed again when he continued talking, "The woman in the photos, her name is Eva Lonton, a jeweler. She's a friend of my mum's, after a business meeting I had an appointment with her."

I was a bit confused, "A jeweler?"

Harry shuffled a bit, seeming nervous all of a sudden. "Yeah, wanted to get a ring from her." His voice went high a bit as I grew more confused, laughing and pointing to his fingers.

"Harry you have a ring on about every finger of yours, you want more?" I joked, hearing a breathy laugh leave him, "No no, it wasn't for me."

I frowned, not knowing what he meant. "You bought a ring? But.. not for you?" He shook his head, licking his lips, "Do you remember that rose ring I had given you a few months ago?"

I sighed at the sad memory, remembering I still hadn't found the little ring. "Yeah, the one that I lost?" Harry nodded, and I looked at my hand at the place the ring used to sit, missing it.

"Right, that one. Well, I may have taken it."

My eyes shot up as they grew wide a bit, "What?" He rubbed his hands on his pants, a nervous behavior I had noticed from him a while ago. "Well I needed to get the ring size, and you don't really wear any other ones."

My head tilted a bit as I grew guilty, he just wanted to get me a gift and I assumed he was cheating. I'm a terrible girlfriend. But I couldn't help the pounding in my chest that he wanted to get me a ring as a gift.

I reached for his hand and held it, looking at him. "Baby if you wanted to get my ring size why didn't you ask me? I would have happily given you it"

He shook his head and brought my hand up to place a kiss on each of my knuckles, my heart growing warm. "I love you" He said to me, my smile growing and my cheeks beating up.

"I love you" I replied, wondering why he was growing so nervous and fidgety all of a sudden.

"So after I took the ring, I had given it to my manager who was going to London that weekend, who gave it to her. She sized it up and made the ring that I had an idea of, to give to you. But it didn't really feel right."

Feel right? What does that mean?

He must have seen the confused look on my face and continued, "I wanted to give you a certain kind of ring, and the one she made didn't really fit my idea. So I had a new idea."

I watched as he reached into his pocket, pulling out the same small black velvet box that was in the pictures. My heart picked up slightly, my lips parting as he got up from his seat.

"Harry what-" My words seemed to fail me, shock taking over as he walked in front of me, kneeling down on one knee as I cupped my hand over my mouth.

There were a few gasps from the other people in the restaurants and I felt my eyes water as he was the only thing I was focused on, he took a shaky breath but his face was glowing with a bright smile, making me grin as well.

"So, I visited her to make some adjustments."

He opened the small box and I took a sharp inhale as I saw the familiar rose ring. It was the same one, but yet it looked so different, in the middle of the flower was a shining stone, extra tiny vines added to wrap around the band.

It still looked so simple yet so beautiful.

I felt my hand shake as I placed it back down on my leg, seeing Harry take out the small ring and hold it in between his fingers.

"You were right you know. You were always so understanding, about my job, about the life that I have. You never expect much from me, surprised at the tiny things. I know people in your past didn't know how to properly appreciate you, didn't know how to properly love you. They were fools who loved you, I'd be a fool not to love you. I want to be the last person who loves you, I want to be that person who you can always come to whenever you need. I want to be your person Ember."

Oh my god I think I'm about to pass out.

"Ember will you-"

"Yes! Oh my god yes" I yelled out, Harry's eyes going wide at my loud burst for energy as I slapped my hands over my mouth, both of us laughing as I leaned down. "I'm sorry" I laughed with tears in my eyes, "Continue continue"

He laughed and his dimples cut into his cheeks, "Will you marry me, Ember Evergreen?"

I let out a loud laugh and nodded my head widely, jumping off my chair and tackling Harry in a hug, both of us almost falling to the ground before he caught us. He stood up and kept his hand around my waist as my arms wrapped around his neck, spinning us around as I felt his chest vibrate against mine in a laugh.

He set me down with a breath and reached his hand out. I realized what he was doing and excitedly handed him my left hand, both of us going quiet as he put the ring on my finger, it shined just like it did when I first put it on.

There was suddenly loud applause and cheers from around us, and I remembered we weren't alone. But I didn't care, I looked back up and Harry and raised a brow, grabbing his collar and watching his eyes light up with a smirk as I pulled him close.

His lips smashed against mine and I let out a sigh of relief, all of the tension leaving my body as his familiar taste came onto my tongue.

Jesus Christ I missed him.

Authors note:

Don't worry, it's not the last chapter!!! Still lots to happen.....

Lmk what you think of this chapterrr:)))

Also, was going to wait until Monday to update but you guys would have killed me so here ya go! Will update again Monday or Tuesday, want to take a few days a week for breaks, LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!