chapter 83

I woke up and fluttered eyes open, turning around expecting to meet Harry's warm presence but fell into a pile of cold pillows instead. I furrowed my brows and leaned my weight on my right arm, looking around the room for him but frowning when I didn't see him.

That's when I heard it.

There was some mumbling outside the door, the unfamiliar walls of Harry's London home were thin, making me hear everything that was going on.

"She's sleeping. I don't think you should be here right now." Harry's undeniable voice said.

"I flew all the way here there's no way I'm not seeing her. Get out of my way please." I frowned and swung my legs over the bed, walking to the door in just panties and one of Harry huge t shirts that fell all the way down to just above my knees.

Perks of having a super tall Fiancé.

Fiancé.

Still sinking in, still loving it more by the second.

I opened the door and squinted as the light hit my eyes, seeing two people turn their heads towards me. One was Harry, who smiled as soon as he saw me, his soft cheeks accentuated with dimples, the other was... Chelsea?

Her hair was tied in a very messy and frizzy bun, leggings and a white t shirt thrown on and some fuzzy slippers. She looked like she just got out of bed.

I took a step towards her but remembered our last conversation.

I bit my lip and answered, "Hey, what's up" I heard her breath on the other end as she said a hello, "Hey, you're in London right now, right?" I took out my key and unlocked my hotel room, stepping inside and closing the door behind me.

"Yeah, why?"

"I kind of need to talk to you" I frowned and sat on my bed, taking off my shoes. "What's up? Everything okay? Is Mason bothering you?" I really hope he isn't, I can't help her from across the world. She chuckled slightly on the phone but I could tell she was a bit wound up.

"No no, it's not that. It's... well it's about you."

"About me?"

"Yeah.. I don't think you should meet up with Harry tonight, Ember."

What did she just say? I frowned and pushed my eyebrows together, trying to figure out if I heard her right. "I'm sorry?" She stuttered on the other end and sighed, "I don't mean to be rude, it's just I don't think it's a good idea. You'll get hurt!"

I didn't understand why she could say such things, and I wasn't worried about it. But why did she just show up here? How did she get Harry's address?

Her eyes softened as they saw me, and I turned my gaze to Harry with a raised brow, seeing him shrug with a sorrow look as he probably didn't know what was happening either. I walked closer to him and kissed his cheek in a good morning and resting my hand on his chest, his smile lighting up the room as soon as I did.

I heard a gasp from Chelsea, her eyes wide as she looked at my hand.

"Is that a fucking wedding ring?!"

I wasn't sure if it was joy or shock that was in her voice, her hand covering her mouth as I smiled softly, looking down at the ground. "Yeah, Harry proposed last night actually."

Harry did a lot of things last night.

Not the time Ember. Not the time.

I shook the thoughts from my head and bit my lip to hide the smirk which disappeared as I saw Chelsea again. "Listen, I came here because I wanted to talk to you about what I said last time we talked." I could feel Harry's gaze on me but not in a 'tell me right now' kind of way. It was soft yet curious.

I loved that he never pushed for answers, that he waited until I was ready.

I looked up and whispered, "I'll explain later" He nodded softly and I look back at Chelsea, pointing to the couch. "Wanna sit?" She nodded and we both headed to the couch, Harry shuffling to the kitchen saying he was going to make some coffee for me.

Chelsea shot him a look as he disappeared off and I placed my hands under my thighs, hating the way she was gawking at the ring on my finger.

"So, you got engaged." She stated, and I couldn't help but hear the tinge of jealousy in her voice.

I nodded and avoided her eyes, saying nothing then humming a small note to answer her question.

"You didn't call me to tell me" She said again and I met her gaze, pushing my brows together and smiling, yet there was no humor.

"I wanted to enjoy my night of engagement, I would've have told you when we got home."

"We?"

"Yeah, Harry and I moved in together"

"Fuck Ember, you never tell me anything anymore."

"That's not fair Chelsea" I said.

It's way too fucking early for this.

"So you're really getting married?"

I nodded again and put my hand on my lap, I shouldn't have to hide it. I felt her stare at it again and she huffed air out of her nose, "You sure you want to do this?"

I slowly looked up at her, no expression on my face. "Why do you ask?"

She looked up at the ceiling then back at me, playing with the bracelets on her wrists. "Well Ember, it's just Harry has a reputation... you know? Like all the women he dated? And like all the papers said he was a womanizer! I don't want you to get hurt!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I felt the anger in my chest start to bubble. Chelsea was not only insulting me and my choice to marry Harry, but also insulting and stepping on the person I love. The fact that she would believe gossip papers instead of getting to know Harry is completely beyond me.

I stood up and frowned, "You need to leave. Now."

Shock took over her face as she stood up as well, "What? Ember why-"

"I'm serious Chelsea. I have had enough of your 'I don't want you to get hurt' bullshit. Why can't you just accept that I'm happy for once? That I'm finally happy?"

"I do, I'm just looking out for you-"

"I don't need you looking out for me. In fact, I don't need you Chelsea. I have been there for you always, and I care for you. I helped you with Mason and would not hesitate to do it again, believe me. But I cross the line at you insulting the person I love. The one person who made me not want to leave this bullshit world! So get out. Get the fuck out. I don't want you in my life anymore, and I sure as hell don't want you in my wedding."

A tear fell from her eye and ran down her cheek as I finished my words, her chest heaving up and down as she clutched her purse to her side. She said nothing and nodded tightly, swinging her hair as she walked out, pausing to look at Harry as he held the door open for her.

Even in moments like these he's a gentleman.

He shut the door behind her and tilted his head as he looked at me, pouting and holding up the cup of coffee.

I laughed slightly and walked up to him, accepting the coffee and took a sip, closing my eyes at the rich taste. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his, "Crazy way to start of the morning huh?" He mumbled and I shoved his chest softly, hearing him chuckle deeply, my own chest growing warm.

"Can't believe she flew all the way here just to spite me." I shook my head, resting it on his chest as I sighed, closing my eyes as he wrapped his hands around my waist and we swayed a bit.

"I'm so ready to go back home." I said, his chest rumbling as he replied. "Me too."