chapter 27

"Come here"

Harry pulled me inside, closing the door behind him and heading to his bags, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and pulling them on. He sat on his bed, leaning against the headboard, patting the space next to him. I sheepishly walked around the bed and climbed onto the mattress, kneeling next to Harry. He stretched out his arms, leaning forward playfully and flopping down on the bed, looking up at me.

"You alright?" He asked, slowly seeming to wake up

"Couldn't sleep. Lots on my mind" I said, twiddling with my fingers, avoiding his gaze. I didn't think he would actually answer his door, I thought this would be a spur of the moment thing and I could go back to my room and cringe at how desperate I was.

But here I am, in Harry's room in the middle of the night. All because I was too insecure.

He sat back up, looking at me. "Like what?" He asked, pulling me back to reality.

"Us" I said, getting straight to the point, it was now or never. Harry cleared his throat, sitting up a bit straighter and nodding "Talk to me about it" he said, grabbing my hand and squeezing it, stopping their slight shaking. "I'm heading back home in a few days Harry" My voice was quiet, it felt like the air around us was so fragile, I didn't want everything to break by being too loud.

"I know"

"And we agreed to see what this is as we go"

He hummed a yes, looking at me. "How are we supposed to see what we are as it goes when we're 3,000 miles apart?" He let out a sigh of air, looking in front of him in thought.

He looked back at me with a small smile, "If only there was some sort of way for me to come visit you in New York.... like a big piece of machinery that can fly and bring you from place to place" he said, sarcasm laced in his voice. I rolled my eyes and hit his arm playfully "Harry"

"I know I know" He held out his arm, waiting as I moved closer to him, laying down and resting my head on his chest as my leg laid over his. I sighed as I felt him trace small patterns on my back, starting to finally get tired.

"I don't know exactly how this is going to work Em, but I'm willing to try if you are"

My eyes started to get tired, and I quietly hummed. "I am" He kissed the top of my head, the pattern of his breathing getting even with my own.

----

"Em"

"Ember..."

I furrowed my brows, my tired muscles screaming at me to go back to sleep. "Wake up Ember" The teasing yet familiar voice filled the space, I groaned out loud, not wanting to wake up yet.

A light chuckled came from him, I felt the bed shift as he climbed over me, kissing the top of my forehead, then the tip of my nose, then the corner of my mouth. His trails of lovely lovely kisses went from there to my neck, to my collar bone, then back up again.

I could get used to waking up like this.

"Are you up yet?" He asked, kissing my ear lobe as he spoke. I smiled as I kept my eyes closed, "Not sure, might have to wake me up a bit more" He laughed amused and moved away making me whine, he grabbed my arms and sat me up as I opened my eyes.

Fuck how was he so gorgeous in the mornings?

"Come on, my mums out for the day. Let's go get breakfast, your paying" He kissed my forehead once more before going to his bag, pulling out some clothes and throwing them on the bed.

He looked at me for a second before smirking, "I'm about to get naked and go shower, unless you wanna join I'd go get changed" My eyes went wide, my cheeks felt hot and he bit back a chuckle as I stepped out of bed, almost tripping over my own feet as I made my way to the door. "Right sorry, see you in like 30 minutes?"

He nodded and waved goodbye, twiddling his fingers as he did. I don't know how long I have to know Harry or how confident I get around him, he always know exactly what to say to get me flustered.

I went to change into some of the clean clothes I had left, just some cargo pants and a black t shirt.

I walked out of my room, seeing Harry already waiting for me, wearing off white shorts, cutting off just above his two tattoos on his knees that I didn't notice until now

I walked out of my room, seeing Harry already waiting for me, wearing off white shorts, cutting off just above his two tattoos on his knees that I didn't notice until now. With a white tank top and button up, decorated perfectly with his white vans. Although I can't say they were still white, more like brown.

"Hey" I smiled, blushing as he kissed me for a greeting. "Beautiful as always" he mumbled against my lips and I rolled my eyes, "Let's get a move on kiss ass" He laughed as I pulled him downstairs to his car, sitting on the passenger side as we drove off.

It was a short drive until we saw the driveway for the small cafe, Harry holding the door open for me. I curtsied playfully making my laugh as we walked in, a nice waitress brought us to a booth at the end, giving us menus.

I looked around, admiring the hundreds of pictures and newspapers framed all over the walls. Behind us was a big chalkboard, covered in random drawings and signatures. I bit my bottom lip and looked around, seeing a small basket of chalk on our table, I grabbed one as Harry watched me sign my name on the chalkboard with a smiley face.

I placed it back down proudly and looked at him as he raised a brow, I smiled and squinted slightly at him as he grabbed a piece of his own chalk, walking besides me and leaning down adding a + and writing his signature.

Ember Evergreen :) + Harry Styles x