chapter 32

Today was the last day in London with Harry, well the last full day. Tomorrow at noon I had to be at the air port to go back home, we haven't really talked about it. I'm sad to go but also nervous, I know he said we would figure something out but long distance things never work. And I'm not even one hundred percent sure what this thing is.

Yesterday we met up with Sarah and Mitch again, saying my good byes as I didn't know when I would see them again. We exchanged numbers after staying in the studio for a couple of hours, it was still so crazy to see Harry in his environment. He was a natural at figuring out melodies and certain ways he wanted things.

After we went home back to Anne's she made us some dinner, which was amazing might I add. It's only been a week but I had grown so comfortable with Harry and his family, I didn't want to go home to an empty apartment again.

I stretched out my arms rolling over in bed, pecking Harry on the cheek, and waking him up. He smiled in his sleep and rolled to his side facing me, blinking his eyes open.

"Morning" he said, I'm still not used to his morning voice, I don't think I'll ever be. "Good morning" I said back, this was another one of those memories I wish I could bottle up and put in my pocket for whenever I needed it.

"What do you want to do today?" Harry asked while placing my hair away from my face, cupping my jaw and pressing his lips against my forehead. "Not sure, it's weird I'm going home tomorrow"

I want to talk about how this is going to work Harry. Take the fucking hint.

He sighed softly, "Yeah I know" He didn't elaborate, and I grew a little frustrated. Why did he always dodge this?

I nodded, sat up and moved out of his grip, grabbing my shoes and socks from the floor. "Where are you going?" He asked, leaning against the headboard with his hands behind his head. I rolled my eyes internally as I threw my jeans on, buttoning them.

"My room"

Harry sat up, throwing his legs over the bed and walking towards me, wrapping his hands around my waist and pulling me close. I looked down on the floor, feeling insecure about the fact he probably doesn't want this to continue.

"Ember, look at me"

I sighed and looked up at him, "I know you want to talk about this, so do I." He said, smiling softly. "Come on, I have a place we can go"

----

I changed quickly, Harry urging me to hurry, I don't know where he got this sudden burst of energy from.

After I tied my shoes he pulled me outside opening the door for me and we drove off "Harry why are you in such a rush? I didn't get a chance to grab my bag or anything!" He smiled brightly, ignoring my question

After I tied my shoes he pulled me outside opening the door for me and we drove off "Harry why are you in such a rush? I didn't get a chance to grab my bag or anything!" He smiled brightly, ignoring my question. "I want this to be a surprise Ember, trust me. You'll love this."

I pushed my eyebrows together but laughed, amused. He seemed really excited, not being able to sit still. After a 20 minute drive he pulled into a giant field filled with sunflowers, I didn't say anything as he ran around and opened the door for me.

I walked out, looking in awe at the huge field. There was a small trail, and I started to walk down it when I heard Harry pop the trunk. I turned around and saw him pull out a big picnic basket, my eyes growing wide as I smiled. "Harry?"

He closed the trunk, catching up to me and grabbing my hand with his. "Yes Ember?" He said, a small tease in his words. "What are you planning?" I squinted as I talked, glancing at the picnic basket. Harry shrugged, walking fast forcing me to as well.

There was a small opening at the end of the trail and Harry told me to sit down after he laid down a small blanket, the flowers all around us was overwhelming yet beautiful and calm at the same time. I felt myself grow excited as he put down the basket, not only because this was super sweet but because I was really hungry too.

He sat in front of me, not opening the basket and taking my hands in his. "Okay listen Ember, this week has been really great"

I felt my stomach sink, I felt a 'but' coming on. This didn't sound too good, it sounded like a break up, and we weren't even a couple.

"But.."

I closed my eyes in defeat, I knew this was too good to be true.

"I want to be more than this"

I opened my eyes again, wider this time. "What?" He squeezed my hands, kissing my knuckles. "This question makes me feel a bit like I'm in middle school but I want to do this the right way."

Question? What question?

"I want you to be my girlfriend, if you want to that is"

My heart picked up, not believing what I was hearing. I didn't know what to say, of course I wanted to be more than what we are now. But I swear as much as I wanted to scream yes and have this day last forever, I'm going home tomorrow.

"I do want to Harry... but I'm leaving tomorrow. We need to figure out how this is going to work. I don't want either of us to get hurt" I moved my hand up, pulling a small curl out of his face as he nodded, I expected him to be a bit disappointed but his smile stayed on his face.

"You don't have to worry about that Ember" I sighed, shaking my head slightly, "Harry, you can't just keep avoiding this subject-"

"I'm going to be in New York for the next two months"

I froze, looking at Harry who was smiling brightly, his dimples prominent. "What?" I thought my ears were playing tricks on me, he was staying in New York? Harry nodded, moving a bit closer and placing his hands on my knees.

"I got a call yesterday in the studio, my manager told me there's some people who wanted to work with me and are placed in New York. I would've said no but I wanted to be closer to you" he hesitated for a second before continuing "But, if you think this is too soon or too much I can call and cancel"

I was starstruck, I did see him take a call yesterday but I thought it was just a friend. "You'd be coming to New York for two months?" I repeated, mostly to myself.

"Yeah, I'd be arriving in a week or so"

I looked back up at him, a small smile on my face. "Yes" He furrowed his brows, "What?"

I rolled my eyes and kissed him, mumbling against his lips "Of course I'll be your girlfriend Harry" He smiled and pulled me closer, kissing me soft yet firmly. I cupped my hands on his jaw and laughed as he moved down to give me hundreds of butterfly kisses on my neck.

He pulled back and looked at me for a second, and I took the moment to appreciate his features.

'Boyfriend' didn't sound too bad.