chapter 72

"He's an alcoholic?" Harry asked with surprise in his voice when I told him about Owen as I rested my legs on his thigh. "I know it kind of came to a surprise to me too, he never drank; at least I never saw him drink. He always ranted about how his father was so against it."

I had been spending the day with Owen yesterday finding a good rehab facility, we were supposed to go today.

I threw a piece of popcorn in my mouth as the movie played in the background, "I don't have the best feeling about this, but what if he really does have a problem and I just leave him to fend for himself?"

Harry stuck out his bottom lip a bit in thought, looking at me and pulling my to sit up, pressing his lips on mine.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, you want to help him?" I nodded. "Then help him Ember, don't let that brain get the best of you" He said tapping his finger on my temple as I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Thank you"

Harry hummed a response and grabbed my waist softly, pulling me to straddle his hips as I let out a small yelp. His hands ran up and down my thighs as he kissed my neck, the mood flipping quickly. "I'm leaving tomorrow" he mumbled.

"I know"

"Doesn't mean I can't come today"

I froze and slapped his chest, pushing him against the back of the couch my mouth hanging open in shock as I let out a loud laugh. "You did not just say that!"

His lips curved in a cheeky smile as he pulled me close to him again, pressing butterfly kisses on my neck as I let out a happy sigh. "Listen, as much as I would love to continue this... it's only three days." I pecked his lips and stood up, heading to feed Finny who was waiting patiently by her bowl.

"I know, it's three days too long"

I smirked and watched as Finny ate, heading back to Harry and grabbing my bag. "I'll be back in an hour okay baby?" I was about to lean back up before he grabbed the back of my thigh, pulling me to his lap again and kissing my chest. "Where are you off to?"

I knew what he was trying to do, it wasn't going to work.

I let out a small sigh and shook my head, "Told you, going to bring Owen to that rehab place." Harry hummed a response but brought his hand higher on my thigh, rubbing small circles with his thumb.

"Harry" I whined but made no attempt to stop him.

"Fuck say my name like that again, darling" It was obvious he was mocking me but that didn't stop the heat rushing between my legs. I subconsciously started circling my hips against him as I felt him against me.

He stopped my hips, looking up at me. "Don't want to be late baby" He breathed into my mouth, smiling as I tried to lean into him but he pulled back.

I scoffed in slight offense, "Alright, just don't expect anything when I get back home then" I went to go to the door when I could hear the regret come from him. "Wait- Ember" I turned around and looked at him, an eyebrow raised.

He thought for a second and rested his head on the arm of the couch. "I love you"

I smiled and shook my head, "Nuh uh, don't suck up now" I sent him an air kiss and headed out, hearing him laugh as I closed the door.

----

I met Owen at work, slowing down as I saw a beer bottle in his hand. I then picked up my pace as I scrunched my eyebrow together, "Owen? What the fuck?"

He jumped as he saw me and his jaw opened a bit as he saw me, I grabbed the bottle and stared in shock at him. "Seriously? We're going to the rehab place, are you okay?" I didn't want to scold him for relapsing, growing more confused as he laughed.

"I'm not an alcoholic, my dad just kicked me out." I frowned and shook my head, "What?"

"I've been living at the office."

"Yup that was pretty clear when I saw it, I'm talking about the alcoholic part."

"Well I mean I was bored, not really alcoholic dependent. I can stop drinking."

"I- Then why did you come to me?"

He turned to me and closed the space between us, "I need a savior" He smirked, leaning down and puckering his lips slightly, his hands roughly grabbing my behind. I gasped and pushed him off of me, "What the hell, Owen!" He stumbled back and looked at me like I was crazy, putting his hands up in defense.

"My bad" He laughed it off like nothing had happened.

I felt anger grow inside of me as I realized he had used me, was he hoping to get in my pants? The thought alone made me sick, I started seeing red, memories of all his sexist comments popping up in my mind as I let out a loud and frustrated breath. I stomped up to him and cocked my fist back, my vision going black.

I heard a grunt and saw him fall to the ground as I blinked a few times. He fought to stand back up as I let my jaw drop, "Shit shit shit- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Get the fuck off of me, you crazy bitch" He yelled, pushing me off of him as I tried to help him up. He looked at me then shook his head and ran off to his car, driving away.

I stood on the sidewalk not knowing what to do, feeling the stare of random strangers on me as I caught my breath. I put my hand over my mouth and fought off tears, feeling overwhelmed. Realization hit me and I gasped.

"Oh my god- I just punched my boss. I'm going to lose my job." I mumbled, dropping my hand and pausing.

I took a breath and let out a short cackle as I slapped my hand over my mouth again. "I just punched my boss." I said in a completely different tone, tossing my head back.

"Holy shit!" I yelled, an older lady glaring at me because of my language. I let out another short laugh and apologized, running my hands through my hair as I walked in small circles.

I need to tell Harry about this, he's gonna laugh his ass off.

Authors note:

Hihi in case you're a bit confused about this chapter... I wanted it to kind of be like a breaking point for Ember, to where she kind of has enough of Owens bullshit.

Alsooooo I wrote the first chapter of the dark Harry fic I was talking about, the girl is a TOTAL badass and I'm already in love, let me know if you want kind of a teaser type thing? Will put out when I'm done with Arcane eventually or sooner if you want!