chapter 12

"Spaghetti?"

Harry looks back at me, towel on his shoulder as he checks on the noodles and sauce, nodding. "What's wrong with spaghetti?" I lift my eyebrows for a second, smirking. "It's the most basic and easy food to cook, I thought you were a chef"

He turned to face me, leaning his hands against the counter. "I'm hurt Em," he says, playing his hand to his chest with a straight face, I could tell he was trying not to smile. "I cook for you and you step on me like this? What happened to you?" Shaking his head while he talked like a disappointed parent.

I rolled my eyes and threw a napkin at him, he caught it without any trouble. "Yeah yeah, just finish the meal, I'm famished" I brought plates and silverware to the small table I had in front of my couch, turning on the same show from last time.

I'd grown a bit attached to it.

As I sat down, Harry brought two pans to the table, placing them down on the table. He smiled, sending me some side eye as we made our plates. Before I went to take a bit I felt his eyes on me, "What?"

"Nothing, just want to see your reaction when you find out how good it is" I rolled my eyes, he's getting a bit cocky now. "Yeah right, your lucky if I don't barf the second it touches my tongue" I bite back, seeing his smile grow bigger.

I rolled some spaghetti on my fork, the sauce mixing in, and placed it in my mouth.

Holy fuck.

I'm not a huge fan of pasta, but if I could.. I would have sex with this spaghetti.

I almost moaned as soon as it hit my tongue, I tried to hide it but Harry saw my facial expression.

"Told you" His ego grew about ten sizes bigger as he took a bite of his own.

We sat in silence as we ate and watched the show, when I heard my phone ring. "I'll be right back" I mumbled, answering when I saw Chelsea's name on the screen. "Hey, everything alright?"

"You tell me, how's the date going?"

Instead of her flirty and teasing tone, Chelsea sounded sad, like something was wrong. "You alright?" I heard some shuffling on the other end and sniffling. "Yeah, just wanted to check in on you!" Her cheery voice came back but I could tell it was a bit masked. "It's going fine, you sure you're okay?"

She hummed, "Yeah, he go down on you yet?"

I froze, "Chelsea!" I whisper yelled, looking back at Harry who was still focusing on the tv and walked into my kitchen. There were basically no doors or walls in my apartment but it was some
privacy, "Well did he?" Chelsea asked after I told her we were in the clear. "No, and he's not going to okay?"

"Why not?"

"Because he doesn't see me that way!"

She scoffed on the other side, "Really?" her tone saying she was calling bullshit. "Because those texts you showed me proves otherwise" I groaned quietly, "It was just a bit of flirting.. plus I don't think I'm ready for that Chels"

I heard the line go quiet for a second, "You're right, I'm sorry. But you should make sure he knows that. I got to go, text me later?"

"I will, bye"

She hung up and I sighed, grabbing two beers and heading back to the couch handing one to Harry. He shot me a look, "Aren't you 20?" I shrugged, "Have my ways" he shook his head smiling in disbelief, taking a sip. We finished our meals leaving them on the table as we continued watching the show, I'm not sure if it was just me, but the air felt thicker. I crossed my legs in front of me, tensing up as Harry leaned his back against the couch.

"You alright?"

I looked at him, he seemed closer than before. "Yes" but didn't sound like it. He furrowed his brows, moving closer making me move farther away. He looked confused, but a hint of hurt was on his face as well. "Em?"

I closed my eyes, turning my head down.

Just breathe. It's fine.

"Em." He hooked his finger under my chin, making me look at him. "Did I do something? If I did I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"I can't have sex." I blurt out, my own mouth betrayed me, I said it so fast I'm not sure he even understood me. "What?"

I moved back a bit, facing him. "Uhm- I know the conversation we had- was a bit.. you know. But I don't want to have sex with you." I stopped, looking back at him, "Well- I mean- Not that I don't want to. Ugh- I mean I just can't-" He stopped me, cupping my face in his hands,

"Ember?"

"Yeah?" I cringed slightly, this is so embarrassing.

"I didn't come here to have sex. I came here because I like spending time with you." He spoke with a tone that showed he was a bit amused, but his face showed he was serious. "I- I know that. It's just Chelsea called me and- you know what? Never mind." I smiled a bit, this is all so ridiculous.

"Okay." He moved forward, kissing my forehead. The gesture seemed so intimate, but with him it felt familiar. "Are you sure you're okay?" I nodded, I did feel a bit better now, I leaned into his touch, my head faking to his chest as we lay down on the couch. We watched the television but neither of us really took in what was happening. I think we just enjoyed each other's company.

"I'm doing a surprise pop up show in tomorrow" Harry said, his chest rumbling as he spoke. I looked upwards at him, "That's why you came here right?" He nodded, looking down at me while rubbing small patterns on my back. "I want you to come. To the show I mean" I can't help but laugh, resting my chin on his chest as we talked. "I'd love to, what time is it,"

"6. It's relatively small, there's a limited amount of tickets and I think news just got out"

I shook my head teasingly, tutting my tongue "Oh your fans are going to be so mad" He laughed deeply with his chest, "I think they'll have to forgive me"

"Wait, the tickets are probably sold out by now. How am I going to be able to come?"

He gasped, maneuvering around and reaching for his back pocket. After a minute he pulled out two tickets, "For you and your friend. Chelsea right?"

I sat up, taking the tickets with a huge smile on my face.

Harry Styles Pop Up Show!

"Cute, and yes I'm sure she'd love to go"

Harry nodded proudly as he sat up as well. I put the tickets down on the table and found my eyes going back to him. I chewed the corner of my lip, what are we doing?

I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts away.

"Another beer?"