chapter 43

I woke up to my alarm I had gotten so used to not hearing in the mornings, I groaned and turned it off, checking the time to see I had half an hour to get ready. I turned over and almost crashed into Harry's chest, stopping myself by putting my hand on his stomach.

He mumbled something softly that I couldn't understand and pulled me close by my waist. I felt myself blush as I remembered I was wearing nothing but a loose shirt of his. "Wake up, you said you'd give me a ride" I said, giving him a small kiss on the nose. He smiled and his dimples dipped into his cheeks, "I guess I could do that, what time do you have to leave?"

"30-ish minutes"

"Then I guess we still have time, Love"

He pulled my in closer, his leg in between my own as he nuzzled his face into my neck, placing small loving kisses on me. My chest filled up with warmth, wishing every morning would be like this.

"I have to get ready" Small words of protest left Harry's lips as he looked back at me and kissed my forehead. "Quit. We'll find you a better job"

I raised an eyebrow, calling bullshit. "Yeah? How's that gonna work Harry? I need a job so I can find an apartment to move into, I can't stay here forever" I wish I hadn't said that because I saw a flash of hurt run across his face, which he quickly covered up.

"I know, I'm going to miss you here in the mornings when you move"

"Me too, but it's not like we'll be super far from each other"

"Unless when I'm in London"

Right. Forgot about that.

"Yeah, but we can make that work" I said, running my fingers across his jaw and feeling the slight stubble. Harry nodded slightly, pressing his lips onto mine passionately which caught me by surprise. His kisses of affection earlier were soft and tender, this one was full of emotion.

He pulled back leaving me breathless, a small smile on his face. "Go get ready" he said, smacking my bum as I got up.

I rolled my eyes and went downstairs to my boxes, rummaging through my clothes until I found my work uniform.

A white blouse with a black skirt and dark green apron.

I put it on and went upstairs to wash up, do my make up yada yada yada. As I finished and started to put my hair up in a pony tail Harry joined me in the bathroom, brushing his teeth but looking at me through the mirror.

Simultaneously, I finished my hair as he finished brushing his teeth. "Ready to go?" I nodded and walked with him downstairs, down the elevator and to the car.

We drove as I gave him instructions, he said he was 'eager' to meet my boss.

"You want to meet him?" I asked, giving him a look and raising my brow. He hummed a yes and didn't elaborate, focusing on the road. "I don't see why" I pushed "I want to see why you hate your job so much"

"I mean hate is such a strong word, and it's not the job, it's my boss."

"That's exactly why I want to meet him"

I sighed softly in frustration, I already know Harry would hate Owen. I hated him since my interview, basically asked for head so I could get the job.

I didn't take him up on the offer.

I did however threaten to report him, thus ending in me having this job.

We pulled into the employee parking and Harry opened the door for me "Such a gentlemen" I smiled, grabbing my bag and putting it over my shoulder, walking Harry inside.

I said hello to my coworkers, seeing a few of them gawk at Harry. It kind of reminded me that he's celebrity and its kind of hard for him to go out in public. We've been in such a bubble together recently I must have forgotten he's known world wide.

I held my breath as I saw the familiar head of dry blonde hair come out of the break room, a smile on his face as he saw me. "Ember! Finally back, glad to see you actually came back to work for once. I need ya on the register so tell your boy toy to leave or buy something, yeah?" He stopped for a second, taking in my outfit, "What'd I tell you about the blouse? Undo some of those buttons, we need customers to want to be here. Don't be such a tight ass and show some cleavage"

I grimaced when I felt Harry tense up next to me, watching as he stopped Owen from walking away. "Hey man, I'm Harry." Owen took his hand, pushing his eyebrows together in slight pain as I saw Harry flex his hand.

I rolled my lips together to hide a small smile as Owen shook his hand not-so-subtlety after he let go. "I'm Owen. Ember's boss." He looked at me for a split second, then back at Harry.

"I've heard a lot about you."

"Never heard a thing from you" Owen responded, trying to push Harry's buttons, who placed his hand on the small of my back, a smile on his face.

It looked friendly and kind but I could see right through it, Harry already hated him.

"Yeah? Well I'm her boyfriend, it's great to meet you. How long have you been manager here?"

Owen seemed a bit uncomfortable, intimated even. "A few years."

"Really? I would have guessed about a month or so, a family business?"

Owen shook his head, not processing the obvious passive aggressive comment from Harry.

"Hm, so it's not nepotism." Harry mumbled, playing with his lip using his thumb and pointer finger. "Nepotism?" Owen asked, not knowing what it meant. Harry chuckled slightly besides me and shook his head, "It was a pleasure, should be going home soon. Text me when you need me to pick you up, yeah Em?"

I nodded, my brows shooting up as I felt Harry's lips on mine, his tongue invading my mouth. I held back a small moan as he pulled back, both our breath a bit heavier as he shot a look at Owen with a raised brow.

Jesus Christ I'm so in love.